test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loadscreen bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
And before you ask to post an ingame ticket... how the hell can i when i cant even get online?

Loadscreen of death... emergency fix now Cryptic please!

Red alert!!!

Impossible to play at the moment Crypic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Are you refering to the issue of being stuck trying to load the characters and the game not timing out like normal when it takes to long in order to try logging in again? If not, well, I guess there's an additional problem with loading then. That is at least the issue I'm currently having though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HI

getting bug since last patch

--got stuck zone out of a quest --station 24 battle I was not able to get to the zone got stuck at loading screen I had to use task manager to close the game .

-- Now having problems logging stuck at getting character screen

:mad::eek:

gamafarr
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    First i was warping out of an encounter... 7min later i decide to try restart the game. only to be stuck retrieving charectors. now been waiting for over 15min on "retrieving"

Btw i noticed in my task manager there is like 4 to 8 Crypticerror.exe running sucking all my CPU as well... sigh...

someone call Engineering please we got a leak here -.-'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DrayGon777 wrote:
    Are you refering to the issue of being stuck trying to load the characters and the game not timing out like normal when it takes to long in order to try logging in again? If not, well, I guess there's an additional problem with loading then. That is at least the issue I'm currently having though.

Same problem here. It patched and then I got stuck in the retrieving list of characters screen. I ended the program and tried again twice so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here. Was able to play for a bit. Then froze at a sector loading screen. Now I can't get past Retrieving List of Characters.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    also stuck

"loading list of characters..."

Hangs forever... but at least the music is good.

HELP!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem now,did a mission then the loading stopped working so i closed it down but now i cant get my charater list to load.. its just hangs:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Got exactly the same trouble... anoying:(
    Hurry up cryptic... it's really a big problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Retrieving list of characters...

I've the same issue now after the update. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    haha oh dear they made a boo boo..... I se this thread gonna explode with people that cant get past charater loading screen in about 3, 2,1.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nothing like a patch that makes it impossible for anybody to actually play the game...

Here's hoping Cryptic notices this sooner than later.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    here here :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    CptKostamo wrote:
    Retrieving list of characters...

I've the same issue now after the update. :(

Yep.. rebooted. just to double check. Locked when trying to load. after patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Got stuck while loading, used taskmanager to quit the game, started up again and now im stuck retrieving list of character...:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FIXED!!! Back in:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DrayGon777 wrote:

In my case, with the latest patch, my computer freezes up when you get the black Cryptic screen with the loading bar across the bottom. Don't even get to the character selection screen. AARRRG
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i keep hanging at the Sol System load screen which i believe is the end of the tutorial. logged and retried a few times, now i've been sitting at this screen for about 20 minutes. it happens every time i choose my character and hit Play. my Task Manager says the app is running and my CPU shows process activity, so it's not just the game locking up.

edit: i should prob add that the load bar on the screen gets to about 50% before it stops, and the game messages continue to change at the bottom of the screen... it just seems that the area won't complete loading for me, no other weirdness apparent.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Greyfang wrote: »
    i keep hanging at the Sol System load screen which i believe is the end of the tutorial. logged and retried a few times, now i've been sitting at this screen for about 20 minutes. it happens every time i choose my character and hit Play. my Task Manager says the app is running and my CPU shows process activity, so it's not just the game locking up.

edit: i should prob add that the load bar on the screen gets to about 50% before it stops, and the game messages continue to change at the bottom of the screen... it just seems that the area won't complete loading for me, no other weirdness apparent.

Thats exactly the same problem I have. I posted a thread about it but he told me to send a GM Ticket?? Whatever that is, I can't get in anyway so if its online thats pointless. TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stink100 wrote: »
    Thats exactly the same problem I have. I posted a thread about it but he told me to send a GM Ticket?? Whatever that is, I can't get in anyway so if its online thats pointless. TRIBBLE.

yeah, can't really send a GM ticket when you're stuck on a load screen :)

and i got my 2nd available char through the tutorial and he's now sitting stuck on the same load screen as my first one. i'll try them again tomorrow.

but as far as the tutorial goes, it looks like this could be a pretty impressive game... i'm looking forward to seeing what else will be available after the small amount i've seen so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well I'm stuck now as I'm waiting to get into the Memory Alpha system, probably in total been waiting 5 hours now, I've TaskManager'd out a couple of times and tried logging in again. Logging is ok. This loading bug is a serious problem and I hope to God that they sort this one out in the short time they have before launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Have no been able to play yet. Stuck at the black screen with the white loading bar at the bottom. Running windows 64 bit Vista if that matters. With a 295 video card 4 gigs of ram.

The only error I can find from running background systems is it is crashing from decompressing data.

Hope this helps Devs. Love to help more, but I can't even get to a point to send a error ticket.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    to those who are still stuck at load screens:

i tried again to get through early this morning when i figured network traffic would be a bit lower, and after 5 or 10 minutes i finally got through to the server. looks like it's a server load issue, which makes sense considering they're prob trying to determine max server capacity before launch. i'll try again later during a time where there's likely to be more traffic and hopefully i'll still be able to get in.