test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You Tell Me, Starfleet! (Quality Of Life Issue)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Oh my god. I can't take it any longer. Having every single log instance open to every single player every single time someone reads something in an Open Instance is making me NUTS.

Case in point: I joined the Diplomatic mission to P'Jem on my new engineer, and I'm the first one in. I know how it goes, so I closed the dialogue. A few seconds later, just before I get to the first bird of prey, someone else joins. I close the window and pray. Just after engagement, it comes back up, since they're reading. Close it again, start jamming Space and 2. Comes up again. Close. Comes up again. Someone else joins. I close two windows and try to turn to take fire on the right. It comes up again. I close two more windows. Keep firing. Someone else comes over to join me, but I can see them stopping and starting due to the viewscreen windows causing their engines to stop whenever they're opened. Someone else joins. Viewscreen comes up again. I close three windows - and it comes up again. If it wasn't for the fact that -1 birds-of-prey are pathetic, this might've been a serious problem!

Finally! We clear out the system, and get ready to beam down together. I go to beam down - "Log-in server is down at this time." FF:mad:FFFF:mad:FFFF:mad:FFFF:mad:FFFFFFF~

PLEASE! Don't open the bloody viewscreen if we've SEEN IT BEFORE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is a bug that many are having right now. when ever someone gets the pop up they all do. which means that when ever a person reaches that part of the story or gets to the planet ect... it pops up for them as if it was the first time. and if you happened to see it first well your gonna see it again. and again. so all you can do is report it as a bug everytime it happens.
    edited January 2010
    Oh, so that's it, I woulda never guessed, Captain Obvious!
    edited January 2010
    The other thing you might try is to go under the options and make it so that each window doesn't bring you to a screeching HALT!! And, Yes, there's an option for that ... So you can keep moving and firing - even though you can't see what you're doing! This makes it slighly more bearable for me.
    edited January 2010
    I have this problem as well and it is incredibly aggravating. My friend and I frequently find ourselves yelling "F Off!" at our bridge officers or some random NPC telling us the same damn thing over and over. Interestingly there are times when a message is recevied asking us if we wish to depart system or something similar, and it keeps popping up over and over at random intervals, despite their only being 2 of us.
    edited January 2010
    Oh, so that's it, I woulda never guessed, Captain Obvious!

In fairness, your post did come across as though you were trying to convince the developers to change a design feature, and not as though you realized it was a bug. Also, bug reports really don't need as much detail about how it has affected you. ;)