test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Show Stopper: Missing Away Team

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Occasionally when beaming down to a planet, another ship, or a base, your away team decides to stay on board your ship and throw a party without you (they don't beam down with you) while you trudge through an area that is knee deep in Klingons. Not sure what causes this bug, or why it is happening.

Sometimes it is possible to get around this bug by beaming back to your ship and then returning to this mission, sometimes it is not, making it impossible to complete the mission.

When this does occur the "call reinforcements" button is missing, so you cannot even recall your team from where ever they beamed off too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have just been hitting the "call for reinforcements" button and it will beam them down...

But the bug is still annoying..

Nevermind ...your button is missing :-P
    edited January 2010
    I just came to report this. I never have a crew, and never saw that button, where is it supposed to show up?
    edited January 2010
    Yeah it's a vicious circle... It coincides with the still being a ship when you beam down bug for me...and it's become more prevalent over Saturday and Sunday...

The circle is, logging out generally fixes it, but if you log out (thanks to the worst pre-preparation job I've ever seen in a software project) they don't have the capacity for the number of beta keys they dolled-out to half of the world...so you log out to fix the bug, and good luck getting back logged in any time soon...

It seems to me that the beaming down and still being your ship and the lack of away-team, bugs are connected... It seems to think you are still doing a space mission , and hence, never does the routine for Away Team inclusion...

I'll bet it's in the code that alters the control layout or the part that initially checks to see if the control layout change is supposed to occur...
    edited January 2010
    yeah it just started happening to me at lt cdr and the whole away team ui isnt there
    edited January 2010
    yeah, it's happened to me a few times too. not sure why, but I have noticed it coincide with another (possibly related?) bug where your avatar in ground combat is your ship, and if you beam back to ship you appear in space as your player character.
    edited January 2010
    lol seeing this alot as well lately. Even relogin isn't working like it used to for me.
    Had to laugh today, beamed back to the ship, seen my character and started walking around the map. :eek:
    edited January 2010
    I have this bug as well. Really annoying. It starts with me beaming down either in human or ship-form to the planet without my away team and the "away team" ui is just gone - nowhere to be found so a bind button to cal in reinforcements when needed would be just ACE.
    To solve it I've tried to beam back up just to find myself in Humanoid form in space, suffocating till the gameclient crashes.

These issues weren't there untill the recent patch they made - at least that's the case for me.

I've even been able to fly around as my humanoid on the planetsurface as if he was a ship and shooting phasers and disruptors - killing everyone in sight (even the away-team I actually got with me that time) but it only works as long as the away team is around...
    edited January 2010
    Same, only for me, it's every single time I beam anywhere. Therefore, I can't complete anything on the ground or I have to log out and risk not being able to get back in. So the only thing I can test at this point is space. I have been able to solo quite a few of the ground missions, but there are times when you can't make a decent pull and you're simply too outnumbered to solo it.
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the same problem
    edited January 2010
    Try the command "/FillPetTeamList".
    edited January 2010
    Yes this one is a great pain! But today I found a partial workaround. First abort the mission then join again:
    look in the lower right corner of sector space, you'll find a button to resume your mission in this system.
    It was there all the time while i was fuming over how I couldn't resume a mission at a later stage.
    I took me 3 tries last time, but it worked.
    Gee, Cryptic, you'll have to work on information/tooltips.
    edited January 2010
    Arathrael wrote: »

Thanks, this worked for me.
    edited January 2010
    I reported this 6-8 hours ago, and the request was responded to saying it is now resolved, but it isn't.

I think it's related to the fact that when you first beam down, instead of your character showing up, your starship does, initially that was so bad, I could move around with the starship! Now the starship still shows up but very briefly, and conversely when you beam up, your character shows up briefly in space instead of the ship!

After the fix where they only show up briefly, it seems the fix was only cosmetic, becaus on the gorn away mission (disabling the power nodes), after I beamed down, I kept seeing warp out of system meaning something in the backend thought I was still a starship!

The funny thing is I've learned some tricks to take out 3 klingons on my own, but it sucks in missions like the gorn where there's like 500 of them, and if you're on your own you have to respawn every 10 seconds and walk back to where you where.

This is definitely a critical showstopper for away missions, and I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it immediately. I'm guessing there must be some special case for it to happen.

For instance, I have 4 bridge crew, and whenever I go to the assignments screen and try to assign them to the away team funny things happen, I think the code for specifying the away team members is messed up. I would select crew#4 in slot 4 and suddenly it moves all of them up by one. When I had 3 it was almost impossible to get all 3 assigned unless you always start with the first one and assign it there (and it kinda queses it to the rest). That's still not fixed at all by the way. Although it may be the kinda fix that requires opening a new character to notice (meaning they won't bother fixing broken characters in a beta but only the cause for breaking them) which is understandable.
    edited January 2010

Interesting. Is there a list of slash commands anywhere?
    edited January 2010
    Hani_Obaid wrote:
    I reported this 6-8 hours ago, and the request was responded to saying it is now resolved, but it isn't.

I think it's related to the fact that when you first beam down, instead of your character showing up, your starship does, initially that was so bad, I could move around with the starship! Now the starship still shows up but very briefly, and conversely when you beam up, your character shows up briefly in space instead of the ship!

After the fix where they only show up briefly, it seems the fix was only cosmetic, becaus on the gorn away mission (disabling the power nodes), after I beamed down, I kept seeing warp out of system meaning something in the backend thought I was still a starship!

The funny thing is I've learned some tricks to take out 3 klingons on my own, but it sucks in missions like the gorn where there's like 500 of them, and if you're on your own you have to respawn every 10 seconds and walk back to where you where.

This is definitely a critical showstopper for away missions, and I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it immediately. I'm guessing there must be some special case for it to happen.

For instance, I have 4 bridge crew, and whenever I go to the assignments screen and try to assign them to the away team funny things happen, I think the code for specifying the away team members is messed up. I would select crew#4 in slot 4 and suddenly it moves all of them up by one. When I had 3 it was almost impossible to get all 3 assigned unless you always start with the first one and assign it there (and it kinda queses it to the rest). That's still not fixed at all by the way. Although it may be the kinda fix that requires opening a new character to notice (meaning they won't bother fixing broken characters in a beta but only the cause for breaking them) which is understandable.

They auto resolve bugs they know about and are working on, trust me, it's a good sign that they said it was resolved.
    edited January 2010

I wanted to try this today, but didn't get the chance. I'm glad to hear that it's working for others. I'll jot this one down for later use.
    edited January 2010
    It always happens when you beam down as a ship. but i think i have seen a time or two i beamed down in human form, tho maybe one or two of those missions i was supposed to be alone but it asked me to pick my away team so who knows.

THanks for that command will have to jot that down and give it a try, today has been a royal nightmare with that stuff happening all through a few chains, then beaming back out into space as a human then the client crashes.

Teleporting out and continuing the mission sometimes solves it, better than logging out this bloody weekend for sure, less you client crashes out doing it or you beam out and back multiple times and it still wont sort itself out.
    edited January 2010

This worked for me... just takes a while before the server responds to the request so it takes from 15secs to a minute.

As some has written, it seems to be related to beaming down as your ship so the part about not getting an away-team and beaming down as your ship are heavily related to eachother. I just hope the devs notice.
    Beaming down as ship and beaming up as human is also a great issue since for me it's invoked more gamecrashes than anything - my only 12 (or so) crashes so far.
    As a side note as I may have mentioned before on one or more occasions - this wasn't a problem until a patch done last week.
    edited January 2010
    I have been having the same problem and nothing seems to help, but I have found several other issues since this has started happening that wasn't happening in CB at least for me. sometimes I have seen where no NPC's spawn anywhere in the mission so I guess not having my away team wasn't a issue at those cases I was just able to find the goods and leave, other times I had to use the cheap lure method to lure klingons away from explosives I was suppose to remove run a big circle then quickly toggle action and then run. One of the most annoying things is the one where you have to free the 4 federation diplomats was able to free 3 of them but the 4th one the action to free them would not toggle. Seems to be one thing after another in ground missions as of late. So yes I agree a major Show Stopper that needs to be fixed ASAP!
    edited January 2010
    I have the same bug. I have found that beaming back to the ship and then beaming back down normally fixes it.
    edited January 2010
    I found that standing completely still at the spawn point for a minute or so fixed the problem for me.
    edited January 2010
    I have been seeing topics like this one showing up all over the place now. I also read that this crazy loading as a ship on ground or human in space thing is opening up item duping exploits as well. Please Dev's fix this soon.
    edited January 2010

As mentioned 1 page back, when this happens to you, please use this command to get around the bug.