test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Youre not allowed to login to the server at the moment.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
'Youre not allowed to login to the server at the moment.' :(

Kinda weird dont you think? Im waiting now 30 min trying every 5 sec to get in.....

Any support on this 1?

Thanks

Torman :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Same Issue, is there a cause? this is a different message to that of a full server.

Thanks.

Ham

Edit, worked instantly after posting on this thread. crazy, perhaps just server connectivity issues after all
    edited January 2010
    yeah im having the same problem
    edited January 2010
    That message means the login server is down atm. The server may be up, but the login sserver has been switched to Dev access only.
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    That message means the login server is down atm. The server may be up, but the login sserver has been switched to Dev access only.

No statement of devs that they would be performing things or am i wrong?
    edited January 2010
    Same Issue, is there a cause? this is a different message to that of a full server.

Thanks.

Ham

Edit, worked instantly after posting on this thread. crazy, perhaps just server connectivity issues after all

Weird :S

Not working for me :P

It does annoy me :(
    edited January 2010
    Getting same here, "You are not allowed to log in to this server at this time". Don't even get to the "Choose your character" screen. I know I got a bugged mission that I was trying to complete, and it would not complete and I couldn't reset it. Tried logging out and back in, and this is the message I get. Hopefully they will get the login servers back up soon.
    edited January 2010
    Same problem
    edited January 2010
    Server isn't down you can get in but have to log in over and over again till you get lucky and connect. Also I am having the problem of getting disconnected every minute or two. What happened here the stability really improved last week then over the weekend and today it seems the server is extremely unstable just like day one.
    edited January 2010
    Same Probklem here. Could it be that by adding the new Servers the Login-Script or whatever was damaged?

Because as said. last week it was really stable to play.
    edited January 2010
    The server is locked to internal access only. Meaning only developers can access it. Just be patient and they will let us back in when theyre ready.
    edited January 2010
    tormentaur wrote:
    No statement of devs that they would be performing things or am i wrong?

They don't have to tell us. It's all part of open beta. Servers will go up and down when theyre needed. If theyre down, they are down for a very good reason. Usually server changes or patch testing. Just wait an hour or so, and it should be back up.
    edited January 2010
    Same Probklem here. Could it be that by adding the new Servers the Login-Script or whatever was damaged?

Because as said. last week it was really stable to play.

I wish i had your game, my game has been unstable since the beta started.

Im pretty sure its not my connection since i never get kicked for inactivity after 2 or 4 minutes of getting a message of "server not responding".

And for the first time since beta 2 days ago my game crashed so hard it brought up a bug report on its own and checked its own files lol
    edited January 2010
    Actually you can get it in, if you just keep trying.
    My solution -> Put Cellphone on the num pad Enter key to hold it down. :D
    edited January 2010
    Well, i just tried it back to back a few times and got in with zero problems. Looks liek the problem lies on your end.
    edited January 2010
    This wouldn't be such an issue if there was more than *one* server. Then we could choose a different one and a different character to log in.

tedgp123 wrote: »
    They don't have to tell us. It's all part of open beta. Servers will go up and down when theyre needed. If theyre down, they are down for a very good reason. Usually server changes or patch testing. Just wait an hour or so, and it should be back up.
    edited January 2010
    Maybe the borg assimilated our servers for its advance information on klingon and federation ships. :o
    edited January 2010
    tormentaur wrote:
    'Youre not allowed to login to the server at the moment.' :(

Kinda weird dont you think? Im waiting now 30 min trying every 5 sec to get in.....

Any support on this 1?

Thanks

Torman :cool:

30 min lol .. yesterday i play for an hour in the morning , then try to log on again around 2 pm around 6 hours later i gave up severs are Busy ( uktime)
    edited January 2010
    "You are not allowed to login at this time" means that the devs are working on something. They will let us in when they are done.
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the trouble of the sever dropping me at the char selection screen untill this morning, and then it said that I wasn't allowed to login at this time.
    edited January 2010
    hope I will manage to access this beta anytime soon, been trying for 48hrs now...
    edited January 2010
    This wouldn't be such an issue if there was more than *one* server. Then we could choose a different one and a different character to log in.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea of people logging into "one server" is seriously outdated. They don't have just one server per shard/instance/world/whatever. They have a number of servers that all work together. So instead of having 20 individual servers/worlds that separate the population into a bunch of named "servers" like people are traditionally used to in games like EQ, WoW, etc. they would have 20 servers (arbitrary number) all combined into one "world" that splits people into multiple instances to spread the load across the server farm. It's like if WoW were to magically connect all their "servers" that people log into so that everyone can play with everyone else.

And thank god. No more annoying, "Oh you have high level characters on server X? Well shoot, mine are on server Y!"

And in this specific case I'm willing to bet that the "world" is still running, it's the log-in system that's having issues.
    edited January 2010
    I was able to get in on saturday after hours of trying . Tried all day sunday and now monday ... i am one of the people who pre-ordered/paid for the game to get beta access...the keep retrying to log in response is growing old. Interesting beta approach to grossly underestimate the necessary server requierments. I would be more understanding i suppose if i could occassionally, lets say once per day, get logged in.