test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

help - game still unplayable

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've been trying since the start of OB but I just can't take it anymore.

I have serious rubber banding issues every single time I play. Other people do not seem to have this issues as bad as I have it.

Here's the story...

I log in, usually no big deal, some slow loading times but nothing crazy. Once i'm in my ship (currently in space) it takes up to 1 minute to get control, then I have about 1 minute of playing time before all of my actions go nowhere. I float around unable to control my ship for upwards of 3 minutes, then all of my commands come crashing in while they seemingly catch up with the server. I get control for about 3-5 seconds, then I'm back to 3+minutes of my actions being queued or lagged or whatever.

It makes the game impossible for me to play as I simply can't control anything while only getting 3 seconds per every 3 minutes of activity.

I'm running WinXP, nVidia GTX 260, intel quad core, 4GB ram, and I've tried all graphics on lowest setting with no noticleable improvement.

Any ideas? I'd really like to partcipate in OB but waiting around for 3+ minutes to get 3 seconds of playing time in really seems pointless.

Cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    BBJones wrote: »
    I've been trying since the start of OB but I just can't take it anymore.

I have serious rubber banding issues every single time I play. Other people do not seem to have this issues as bad as I have it.

Here's the story...

I log in, usually no big deal, some slow loading times but nothing crazy. Once i'm in my ship (currently in space) it takes up to 1 minute to get control, then I have about 1 minute of playing time before all of my actions go nowhere. I float around unable to control my ship for upwards of 3 minutes, then all of my commands come crashing in while they seemingly catch up with the server. I get control for about 3-5 seconds, then I'm back to 3+minutes of my actions being queued or lagged or whatever.

It makes the game impossible for me to play as I simply can't control anything while only getting 3 seconds per every 3 minutes of activity.

I'm running WinXP, nVidia GTX 260, intel quad core, 4GB ram, and I've tried all graphics on lowest setting with no noticleable improvement.

Any ideas? I'd really like to partcipate in OB but waiting around for 3+ minutes to get 3 seconds of playing time in really seems pointless.

Cheers

i have pretty much the same issue...cannot play...really discouraging
    edited January 2010
    This seems network issue rather than graphical... since i have dual core proc. and GF8800 and it runs fine. Just to be on safe side downgrade graphical drivers (search forum for best one... but lates driver is not good for this game... i had to reinstall to old version myself)

As for cnnection issue try disabling firewall, reconfigure router (try direct connect), etc. If you are on wireless try direct cable connection... maybe even turn off AV program just so you can identify your problem.

~McG
    edited January 2010
    Another day, still unplayable and nothing I try makes any difference.

I have high speed cable internet and get superb ping/speed with all other newer online games (MW2, L4D2 etc) and have been playing many MMO's over the last few years with no unusual lag/ping issues. This is the first and ONLY game I have this problem with.

I've tried all suggestions and everything I can think of so far (which isn't much since I have no way to measure any change apart from trying to play which so far doesn't work).

I would really like to know if there is any way to check my ping to the servers or anything network related.

Any other ideas?
    edited January 2010
    I play on Sprint EVOD (yes you can play on that) and I have little issues unless the server is going weird on us. What is your internet provider, how much bandwidth do you have etc? If you are running on dial up or satellitel forget it.
    edited January 2010
    As I said I have high speed cable.

My internet speed is not the problem and I don't have this issue with any other online game or internet upload/download/connection related activity.