test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yellow Fuzz Balls addiction of my away team

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My away team whenever I beam down they on a loop of using this animation where you take a yellow fuzz ball out of your pocket and stroke it. I mean they do it NON STOP, like looped. They have become very inefficient becouse of that in combat. When we engage, they try to do that animation while also trying to wield a weapon and use their skills. I can't play anymore like this.

Game has its potentials. But man there are things that make me want to go right now and cancel my pre-order. Which I won't do since no other MMO right now offers concept of space/ground combat in one game which I like.

But Cryptic, hear me that if you won't fix bugs that are affecting the gameplay (and you are already in Open Beta and 12 days away from early start for people with preorders) my loyalty won't help your game. This game is already a niche game. Having annoying bugs will decrease gaming community even more. I don't know what you can do with just 2 weeks away from a release. But whoever amongst your management decided that this game needs to be released NOW probably has problem with their eyes or ears or doesn't care about anything but profit.

Its kinda pathetic to buy a Star Trek license and then releasing a game half finished which may potentially destroy it in a long run. Of course if you want to release the game just to have it out there for a year, its your choice. Your game is very buggy even during the first 16 levels which is awful because every respectful game developer polishes at least early experience and then finishes fixing bugs down the road after release. I can only imagine how messy this game may be at the later levels... if that part of the game even finished and balanced... Oh well. Its an ok game for casual play. I still like it no matter all the bugs. But as I said only my 12$ a month won't be enough to support STO down the road and have it running.

Let me just add this. I just read a promotion from Cryptic Studios in my email about life sub and so on. I mean its funny. You ask me to commit to the game that is buggy, keeps me getting disconnected from the server and is just don't give you impression that it is ready for release. Yeah, I will commit, not to life sub though. MAYBE, I will get annual sub to save some money. I give this game 5 more days. After that I'll be deciding either I cancel my pre-order or not. I wanna see just one thing until then, and I think many people will join me - I don't wanna be disconnected from the server in the middle of whatever I am doing. If you don't fix at least that until 23rd, or give people who pre-ordered some kind of reserved slots on the server.. meh.. I dunno.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Have to agree the away team tribble animation while a nice out of combat diversion is played far too often and becomes intrusive in combat when team members rather pet their tribble than shoot back at the enemy.

It seems to be a side effect of the amount to which away team members use the items you give them, haven't tested it but if you gave them the fire extinguishers they'd probably be using them constantly as well.
    edited January 2010
    omg thats awesome, im going to try it as soon as the servers back up.
    edited January 2010
    Senty wrote: »
    It seems to be a side effect of the amount to which away team members use the items you give them, haven't tested it but if you gave them the fire extinguishers they'd probably be using them constantly as well.
    I gave 2 members of my away team the fire extinguishers. This was there only item.
    They used it constantly in combat on Klingons. Was pretty funny to see that, was kinda like:
    Hey Klingon, u smell bad, let me spray u :D
    edited January 2010
    Omgosh, I know whats wrong. Someone told me that tribble HEALS so I distributed them to my Away team.. HAHAHA, I am an idiot, I'm taking them tribbles off and that will be a good fix. Are tribbles just for fun? Why there are so many of them in LOOT :eek:. Klingon's like pets? LOL Something is wrong with that...
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    lol, You should post a video of them with fire extinguishers.
    edited January 2010
    Omgosh, I know whats wrong. Someone told me that tribble HEALS so I distributed them to my Away team.. HAHAHA, I am an idiot, I'm taking them tribbles off and that will be a good fix. Are tribbles just for fun? Why there are so many of them in LOOT :eek:. Klingon's like pets? LOL Something is wrong with that...

I think we need to buy you the complete TOS DVDs. Google "Trouble with Tribbles" and you'll get the low-down about Tribbles and Klingons.
    edited January 2010
    stimpy77 wrote: »

Thats actually a bit sad too. I mean yeah you can remove tribbles and get rid of this bug. But it only shows how much this game still needs to be worked on :cool:. Its not just bugged item that causes looped animation its also a graphics glitch that makes those critters oversized AND, they are actualy called "GROUND DEVICE" in description.

Some descriptions and names still have underscores in them, which only proves how RAW the game is still is. A lot of polishing still needs to be done. I am kinda sad but I think this game won't survive competition out there. After JumpGate evolution is released it will be clear if this game will survive or not. Its early to judge though, but Open Beta usually shows what release is gonna be. At least thats what I've noticed by playing in multiple Open betas and then their respective releases. STO is playable, but much still needs to be worked on.