test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Floating in space

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
From time to time when you have been doing a mission on a planet and you beam back to ship then warp out of system your character ends up walking in space, in place of your ship. And although it does look cool running along the sector instead of warping is a bit slow.:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tigerman66 wrote:
    From time to time when you have been doing a mission on a planet and you beam back to ship then warp out of system your character ends up walking in space, in place of your ship. And although it does look cool running along the sector instead of warping is a bit slow.:D

I'm getting the same thing.
    edited January 2010
    I had the opposite issue.

Picture
    edited January 2010
    same problem here
    edited January 2010
    I got it both ways, and it is getting a bit annoying as it will often crash me, and when on the last phase of a mission, that has a few phases, it kinda sucks.
    edited January 2010
    both ways here too
    edited January 2010
    STO1.jpg

STO2.jpg

he's been walking for 20 mins now.
    edited January 2010
    I encounter the same, though it hasn't lasted for more than a minute so far.
    edited January 2010
    I had both problems one after the other, I was doing the Hide and Seek mission. I had died and gotten stuck way behind the others when they were scanning the objects in the last space part of the mission. So i waited for them to finish, When we boarded the outpost I saw everyone as ship's indoors.

One of the team members sugested i esc a few times, and after 3 or 4 goes I went back into my character model.

After the indoors mission was finish, when i went to leave the sector, I was my character floating around in space. I logged out and back in, and was fine.
    edited January 2010
    same here, then crash.
    edited January 2010
    I've had this both ways, but it only lasts for a few moments and then it corrects itself.
    edited January 2010
    Yah this sucks specially when your on the klingon faction and you spawn into a ground combat zone just to be a BoP and then get ko'd by the other team..
    edited January 2010
    I've had it a couple times now where I had enough time to enter a bug report to get a screen shot, but then it inevitably corrects itself just before I hit "Submit"
    edited January 2010
    Same here...
    On away missions, occasionally when I beam down my ship is on the planet surface rather than my avatar/player. If I try to reverse it and beam out then my player will in space...just standing there. Typically jockeying between sector space and a system will fix it but that may mean dumping all progress on a mission.
    edited January 2010
    Fortunately, this has not happened to me in any time I had to act soon. But it has happened to me both ways and I've always been just about immobile when it does.

Whatever sort of glitch it is, it seems to correct itself after a couple minutes. Cryptic's got to get this one patched. I haven't had a crash yet but this is serious none the less.
    edited January 2010
    I've had both of these happen. IF it corrects in a few moments, nothing happens... but every time it's lasted more than 30 seconds or so, the entire game crashes. Anything that unstable needs to be looked at ASAP.
    edited January 2010
    Hi, this happen to me also, why'll coming off a ground mission I see my character walking in space. Plus sometimes when I land on planet my starship is there and my character is not
    edited January 2010
    its happened to me many times, it takes a few seconds to kick back, but did crash the game on me once.
    edited January 2010
    I have this to but every time I M a person in space I crash. the rest of the games is fine geting good FPS all the time but then load in to space as a person and bam crash
    edited January 2010
    and sometimes it corrects itself after a minute but sometimes I have to exit and reload the game. I leave it sit for 10 mins I'm still a humanoid out in space. I reported it.
    edited January 2010
    yea its funny somtimes,but even better is when i beam to the ground and my spaceship is leading the team..bah!....its funny if we can get some function from it as a gag option,but sucks when you cant fire massive weapons on the head tilted kilingon thinkin,"man,this guy got that thing through that door like a champ!":D
    edited January 2010
    Hey if you guys ever decide to Visit the Bridge of your own ship, (you can, its an option) take notice to when you exit. You beam out. Why would you beam out of your bridge to another view. Poor recycling of animation in my opinion.