test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Critical - Bridge officer bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey guys, I think I found a bug where you cannot use a bridge officer's second power after upgrading him. I upgraded my tac officer, baught a new skill to replace his second one, however its not showing up as a usable skill in the HUD. It shows that points are assigned to the skill, but the sill simply isnt there.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uss_Hood wrote: »
    Hey guys, I think I found a bug where you cannot use a bridge officer's second power after upgrading him. I upgraded my tac officer, baught a new skill to replace his second one, however its not showing up as a usable skill in the HUD. It shows that points are assigned to the skill, but the sill simply isnt there.

Any ideas?

Have you tried pressing P and seeing if the talent is in the option there and just needs to be added to your HUD?
    edited January 2010
    yeah I did, its not there.. and the skill should just come up anyways beside the icon of the character? Either way, its not showing up on "p", nor on the HUD.... yet I can still see that I put 2 skills to it in the skills screen.

One interesting thing though is that in the "Assignments" page the skill shows up beside the officer and is greyed out, and says that "Cannot use this rank of power in this station".. It says this if i'm in space or not (the skill for reference is Target Shields subsystem 2)
    edited January 2010
    What kind of ship do you have? Tier 2 ships only allow 1 Lt (either tact, eng, or sci depending on type of ship) and 3 Ensign Bridge Officers. The second skill is tied to being able to be Lt on the ship (at least the ship skill is - not sure about away teams).

So if your Bridge Officer is Tactical but you are flying a Cruiser then you won't be able to use the bridge officer's Lt skill.
    edited January 2010
    Ah, thanks for that explanation Delvie. I wonder why they'd allow you to upgrade other officers if that was the case. I got another eng guy to lt. cmder, unlocking the rest of his skills, apparently all for nothing.

thx again for the info
    edited January 2010
    At the next level you get 3 LT slots and one LTC slot.

And they all can use their LT abilities on the ground