test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

accidently deleted Phaser Rifle - am i screwed?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
in the first planet mission i was trying to equip the phaser rifle by dragging it over the hand phaser.
apparently this deleted it. :confused:

fine.. i just tried the next step to do w/ the kit read the choices and clicked continue.

.. but now i have no options - no rifle - no kit... and NPC won't talk to me..

.... is that it? DEAD END?

seems a little terminal... its not as if there is a manual on how to do stuff here :mad:

is there a way to recover from this spot?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am on the same mission and I think I did the samething lol
    edited January 2010
    Bosco_OCC wrote: »
    I am on the same mission and I think I did the samething lol

ya thats y i posted this here.. seemd like a logical thing to do w/ the rifle to drag/swap w/ the equipted weapon.
    still not sure what i should have done.

i sure hope i don't have to start over... not sure the game has got me "hooked" enough to make me want to redo from the start.:eek:
    edited January 2010
    Check your inventory. Proper behavior is the stuff you're replacing going back into your inventory.
    edited January 2010
    Also, you can complete the mission without it, it's just harder. You come across a couple of these rifles in the next few missions but that first one is my favourite owing to the sniper shot. If you really can't find it, just play on without it so long as the dialogues are still triggering for the mission.
    edited January 2010
    I did the same thing; can't figure out a way to go on (I can't seem to get the "kit" goal completed nor the rifle) after dropping the rifle.

I opened a ticket but Cryptic closed it. This is a dealbreaker so far. :(

WTH guys?
    edited January 2010
    I am still trying to figure out what you are supposed to do on this level. You kill borg after borg but they just keep coming back.
    edited January 2010
    Look in your Inventory screen. (I think its the "i" button). Or click on the face (the one under the mini-map. You most likely still have the Phaser Rifle. It just went back in to your inventory rather than vanishing. That was how it worked when I did it.
    edited January 2010
    I've done everything up above, Phaser rifle still not in inventory, still can't talk to the Ensign. So far I'm really not having too much fun. I mean I must have killed 50 borg (which is earning me no experience) in their fancy green pyramids but I'd really like to just be done with this mission so I can get back to flying around in a space ship, which is what I originally signed up for...
    edited January 2010
    If you want to discard something out of your inventory it will ask you to confirm, so this seems like a definate bug.
    edited January 2010
    My son did the same thing with his toon, and now can't advance in the assimilation mission or kit up. Not sure how he deleted it, but we entered a GM ticket, so we'll see what happens.
    edited January 2010
    Schlemtrek wrote:
    My son did the same thing with his toon, and now can't advance in the assimilation mission or kit up. Not sure how he deleted it, but we entered a GM ticket, so we'll see what happens.

You entered a GM ticket to replace a starting weapon in a beta test? Seriously?
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    You entered a GM ticket to replace a starting weapon in a beta test? Seriously?

Well the problem is that without this rifle, you can't progress further in any mission, you are eternally stuck running around on the ground shooting Borg.

I've been pushing forward but no matter how many borg I kill it won't progress, and there's no other spot on the map to go to. I think talking to a GM about a missing CRITICAL QUEST ITEM is rather important since I really don't want to go through the whole thing again (especially if it will still break itself).

I mean if this was just a reward item I wouldn't give a rat's behind but I need this rifle to get my first starship.
    edited January 2010
    WittyDroog wrote: »
    Well the problem is that without this rifle, you can't progress further in any mission, you are eternally stuck running around on the ground shooting Borg.

I've been pushing forward but no matter how many borg I kill it won't progress, and there's no other spot on the map to go to. I think talking to a GM about a missing CRITICAL QUEST ITEM is rather important since I really don't want to go through the whole thing again (especially if it will still break itself).

I mean if this was just a reward item I wouldn't give a rat's behind but I need this rifle to get my first starship.

Yeah but you are about 10 mins into the game. 10 MINUTES!

Delete the character and start over. Then right click on the item and choose equip instead of dragging and dropping.

The characters will get wiped at the end of Beta anyways so don't get attached.
    edited January 2010
    RedRaiders wrote:
    Yeah but you are about 10 mins into the game. 10 MINUTES!

Delete the character and start over. Then right click on the item and choose equip instead of dragging and dropping.

The characters will get wiped at the end of Beta anyways so don't get attached.

a little more the 10mins - but vaild point. but i also having problems with the game crashing my PC (ati 4850HD Radeaon-and high end AMD QuadCore -4GiG system: vista 32)

one problem i can live but both together doesn't encourage me to pony up 50-200$ to invest in the game.

(i have rolled another character-but i think its clear that this is a terminal bug the tuturial designer missed)
    yes-it does say do you want to delete this item BUT in the particular situation - the assumption can be made that the phaser pistol would be the item deleted.

prior to the event...there are no instructions how to equip the second weapon-only that "z" (i think) can swap them... implying of course that 2 weapons should stack on that spot.

-there should be a respawn possbility for the rifle since this apparenly affects the kit- i have no idea how they are connected- but they are.

(btw the second time aound - a little more cautiously- discovered the double click trick(non documented). Since the Drag and drop to the character display is so finicky (or requires too precise placement or works for kit and not for rifle-didn't mess w/ cuz some screens seem to crash my computer faster)
    edited January 2010
    Ok, to get the kit, you have to have the rifle. If you lose the rifle before getting the kit, I'm assuming you're stuck because the game already marked that part as completed. I think that level needs to have a trigger "if rifle is removed, allow opening crate again." For the time being, other than putting in tickets, you'll have to restart your character. I don't think GMs are going to be giving back weapons during beta, though I suppose they might. It really isn't that far into the game. Anyhow, if you get your kit and remove the rifle, you can still complete it... though it will be more difficult. In order to complete it, go find Borg who have a hostage and kill the Borg to free the hostage. Killing Borg who don't have hostages won't help you.

NOTE: If you submit a ticket for this, be sure you're stating that you dropped the rifle and can't get it back. There is a lot of issues with getting the rifle to begin with if you go to the wrong crate or too many people are in the area. So they got a ton of tickets about that and if they think it is the same thing, they may just close the tickets without looking at them very carefully.
    edited January 2010
    Riamus wrote: »
    Ok, to get the kit, you have to have the rifle. If you lose the rifle before getting the kit, I'm assuming you're stuck because the game already marked that part as completed. I think that level needs to have a trigger "if rifle is removed, allow opening crate again." For the time being, other than putting in tickets, you'll have to restart your character. I don't think GMs are going to be giving back weapons during beta, though I suppose they might. It really isn't that far into the game. Anyhow, if you get your kit and remove the rifle, you can still complete it... though it will be more difficult. In order to complete it, go find Borg who have a hostage and kill the Borg to free the hostage. Killing Borg who don't have hostages won't help you.

NOTE: If you submit a ticket for this, be sure you're stating that you dropped the rifle and can't get it back. There is a lot of issues with getting the rifle to begin with if you go to the wrong crate or too many people are in the area. So they got a ton of tickets about that and if they think it is the same thing, they may just close the tickets without looking at them very carefully.

thanks great reply-(i don't submit ticket on this on but i hope that somehow they fix it a some point) just hope the ticket i did submit on my "crash" or "lockup" problem is as informative. i think my system is well over spec. and shouldn't be crashing.

We're almost 1/2way through betakey time and with the 2 problems i've wasted haf my time redoing- recovering from crashes and installing drivers and service paks-to no avail. i'm only on my first mission after getting my commission (vulcan patrol) and so far my impression of the game is more frustration than enjoyment.

if you or anyone like yourself is more famailar w/ this forum and can point me an appropiate post...
    my computer is Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz 4GiG Memory
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10 Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850

Thank u very much