test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spamming My Torp Key Shoots Double Amt of Torps

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
From what I can tell and recreate a lot if I hit my key for my torps really quick when they are ready it will shoot out two instead of one with a regular firing and no skills.

However from what I can tell this is a visual/sound bug only as my combat log only shows one actually hitting which is the way it should be. The game however goes through a second animation along with the sound effects of it firing.

This is pretty easy to duplicate so I'm pretty sure I'm right as far as the second not doing any actual damage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just out of curiosity, are you sure you're not hitting High Yield torpedos first?

When you buff yourself with High Yield it shoots out 2 torpedos. That's not a bug.
    edited January 2010
    From what I've seen, Quantum torpedoes launchers do launch from time to time two torpedoes, outside of High Yield. And they also seem to hit and damage. But most of the time, it's only one. So I figured it must be a % chance to fire 2 torpedoes at a time. I simply wonder if it comes from the launcher or the officer.
    edited January 2010
    Just out of curiosity, are you sure you're not hitting High Yield torpedos first?

When you buff yourself with High Yield it shoots out 2 torpedos. That's not a bug.

Yes, positive I am using no skills at all just regular torp firing.
    lordcraft wrote: »
    From what I've seen, Quantum torpedoes launchers do launch from time to time two torpedoes, outside of High Yield. And they also seem to hit and damage. But most of the time, it's only one. So I figured it must be a % chance to fire 2 torpedoes at a time. I simply wonder if it comes from the launcher or the officer.

I never tried it with photon, but it is indeed quantum torps I am using. After I realized what was happening I did it twice and watched the combat log not noticing the second doing damage, but that was just twice. I will try some more and watch for it and keep checking.
    edited January 2010
    I just tested this a lot more and there is no damage from the second torp. It seems to be just a bug showing the second with a launch sound effect.
    edited January 2010
    This is a known graphical bug and is being worked on. There are times when it isn't a bug and all torpedoes hit, and then there are times it is a bug. All gravy!