test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

War is good for business - captured captain won't talk

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just managed to "finish" this mission but the captured captain won't talk nor anything else happens.

Finally I got disconnected from server...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had that issue, too. I shot him first, heh. At the end of the battle, he was standing on the edge of a box and I could not interact with him. In the correct ending, he is wobbling while he stands. When he was on the box, he was frozen.
    I came back into it again today, and it was fine. Just go back to the system and it should restart at the beam down point. More work, but it may complete for you.
    edited January 2010
    This is happening with other missions, i believe the reason is due to the changes they are making, i have done 3 ground missions recently and everytime i get to the last room where i have to capture someone, I cannot interract with them. So I log out to try to reset the issue only to find out that "The server is busy at the moment." Everytime I do this mission and get to the last npc, i cant finish the mission, and everytime i log out, i get that message.

Everytime i get back online, The mission is restarted because I load into space and The "Continue" button is active which sends me into the ground area to restart. This is becoming a very aggravating issue, and I hope it is something that will get fixed during this mass update they are doing.
    edited January 2010
    i got stuck on this too so i put ticket in as a bug and a request for gm helps (realy didnt wanna run that all again lol) but i decided to run round while i w8 for responce ran all way to entrance by time i got back to final room that room had reset this time it worked fine.
    edited January 2010
    Don't kill him tag him.
    edited January 2010
    Yes, you are supposed to attack him until he says something like "Can't we negotiate?" and tries to surrender. Unfortunately your bridge officers will keep shooting at him, and if they defeat him (he becomes untargetable and just freezes in place) then you have to zone out and back in again for another try. (Just him and his bodyguards seem to spawn in, so you don't have to clear the whole map again)

Try to stand near him in combat and watch for the "tag for transport" interaction to come up when his shield is down.
    edited January 2010
    I had the same issue, I 'killed' him (depleted his shield & health to zero), at which point he just swayed around, dazed in place, and I couldn't interact with him.
    I beamed back to my ship, (which takes you to the sector map) and then used the link/button in the lower-right of the screen to 'Continue...'. I beamed back to the asteroid facility, and all NPCs were dead except for those that were in the previously locked room. I killed the 2 Klingons, and 'killed' the Ferengi Captain again, but this time when I approached him I was given the option to 'Tag...' him, and he was beamed back to my ship. Mission complete. Hope this helps!