test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LVL 10 Says I'm Lt.Com. in one spot and just Lt. In another

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I reached LVL 10 and when I click on my name, there is a hallow and 2 solid pips under my name. When I mouse over them, it says "Lieutenant Commander". However in my character status screen it says "Lieutenant" and I can not use any items that require LT Commander status. I also cant get my new ship. Is there something I have to do to get the rank?

I tried the admirals office, shipyard, and ship requisition rooms... I can't find anything!

Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As long as you get you ship upgrade i wouldnt worry about it. In my opinion this is not forum worthy report it in game dont post a small error like this. Not trying to be rude just for future reference
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cpt.Berg wrote: »
    I reached LVL 10 and when I click on my name, there is a hallow and 2 solid pips under my name. When I mouse over them, it says "Lieutenant Commander". However in my character status screen it says "Lieutenant" and I can not use any items that require LT Commander status. I also cant get my new ship. Is there something I have to do to get the rank?

I tried the admirals office, shipyard, and ship requisition rooms... I can't find anything!

Hover over your exp bar, there are more requirements than just the levels. My guess is you haven't spent enough total skill points.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cpt.Berg wrote: »

LvL 11 you get your ship and all other goodies. Not lvl 10. When you reach lvl 11 and spend all your skill poins on yourself and your BO's, you automatically get a mission to see the admiral in StarBase 1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wow, that's just really confusing, because when I mouse over my self portrait, it clearly shows and states "Lieutenant Commander" and in the character status it says "Lieutenant" What an odd number and bummer, I have to wait til lvl 11 now. Oh well, back to the grind, they definately need to fix that though, bug was submitted. Thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, now I'm lvl 11 and its still the same... It says I have to spend 3100 points, which I have more than that to spend, but it wont let me spend them on anything. I started with 4 skills which are all maxed at 9, but I can't find anyway to spend these friggin points.....

what does one have to friggin do to get the freakin rank... this is getting frustrating
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought the same thing with only 4 skills, and put all my points in them. Later I realized the window has a scroll bar and there are actually 20-30 different skills you can choose from while still at the Lt. level.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There are far more than 4 skill areas for you to spend your points...the point spending mechanic is keeps everyone from saving up points just to put into higher level abilities, and forces captains to be more balanced from the beginning. As a captain definitely needs to have diverse skills and knowledge of most systems, this makes total sense.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You are probably missing one you probably hit that cause you waited too long to go to LT. Just a guess cause I seen plenty of people flying around as Ensign ranks. But yes spend your points in your skills till it changed to LT. Cmdr. an then the rest will be easy on the rank up quest.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks, the scroll down was the most useful piece of information, thanks everyone, finally got my new ship!