test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Surver Busy?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Cryptic,

At the moment, I would never buy this game. Whenever I try to log on it says " Server Busy". MMORPG's should be able to have millions of people playing at one time. I am a huge Star Trek fan but the games overall performance for me has been terrible. I have never successfully logged in for the past few days that the open beta has been going on. Please explain to me what I' m doing wrong or fix these problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Jmanyc
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last time i checked where playing the beta not the full game
    edited January 2010
    I get this to. Remember its a beta, not the full game.
    edited January 2010
    I know but how are we supposed to test it out if we cannot even log in. I'm sure cryptic can see that more bandwidth space is required for the beta to run smoothly. I understand that it's a beta but I would like to avoid wasting my money if I end up not liking the game. I also want to get the lifetime subscription which would mean that I need to test it first.
    edited January 2010
    just have to have paintence, they are working super hard to get thsis game ready for launch, it bettter now to have these issues so they can be addressed and fixed, rather than at launch.
    edited January 2010
    He's right, can't evaluate/test it if one can't log in. Server's constantly busy for me :(
    edited January 2010
    jdog1089 wrote:
    I get this to. Remember its a beta, not the full game.

i know its only a beta, but just say we spend our hard earned dosh on this game both in buying it and also the subscription and can not get on the actual server to play the game it borderlines taking money under false pretenses.
    edited January 2010
    To be fair to the makers I only got my first server busy message just there, and apart from that I havent had any problems with the game. As everyone says its a beta...dont be saying from what you saw from he beta im not buying the game...this is where they fix things its not the final release
    edited January 2010
    jmanyc wrote: »
    Cryptic,

At the moment, I would never buy this game. Whenever I try to log on it says " Server Busy". MMORPG's should be able to have millions of people playing at one time. I am a huge Star Trek fan but the games overall performance for me has been terrible. I have never successfully logged in for the past few days that the open beta has been going on. Please explain to me what I' m doing wrong or fix these problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Jmanyc

I think you might be having some other issues as well. My system is actually under spec for the game and it runs fine. Have not any connection problems at all.....well until this morning :)
    edited January 2010
    I can't get on the server either. It's hard to justify paying if they can't keep the server up. I sure hope this can be fixed and soon...

I can't play all the time, so it's important that when I have time to play I actually can...:(
    edited January 2010
    hi,

I crashed from the game whilst skilling up and crashed. Sent in the bug report

Now getting the server is busy. been trying for 1/2 hour

I think they need a quequing system to get you some idea how long before you log in

hammerhands
    edited January 2010
    jmanyc wrote: »
    Cryptic,

Jmanyc

other than the surver busy thing, I LOVE THIS GAME:)
    edited January 2010
    Just got in... keep clicking the button lol
    edited January 2010
    all the monney shouter... u can be angry after the release at february !!! then its right to say we spend so much money but now they work for the game and stability !!!! thats Beta !
    edited January 2010
    I hate it when people excuse something by saying "yah but it's only beta". Isn't this game supposed to go GM in like two weeks or something???

There are numerous bugs and scaling issues, even now. So even though this is a beta, I don't think it unreasonable to expect the game to be like, 90% or more there. But it's not.

If really is going "Final" in a few weeks, PLEASE post-pone it! Things aren't fully cooked yet!

And for gods' sakes people, ADD SOME SERVERS! This is STAR TREK online! This is going to be "slightly more popular" than CoX or Champs, at least at first...

( Goes back to trying to log on, over and over.... )
    edited January 2010
    I agree with Drazel but I don't think it is hard for them to spend some more money on extra bandwidth. It appears to me that they would get better business by creating a beta that works as a kind of free trial. I just hope that once this passes beta stage, that there is a free trial.
    edited January 2010
    If I recall they said that the final game will only be one server. If that's the case then they need to be able to accomodate their ENTIRE subscriber base in the game. Not one subscriber should be getting a "server is full" message" on services they're PAYING to use. Yes, I know its a beta, but isn't the full game going to be one server too?
    edited January 2010
    Given the number of gaming sites that are giving away beta keys, it doesnt surprise me that there are server busy responses. I dont recal it happening in CB. At least the devs are getting a good server load test.
    Btw try playin off-peak hours. I dont think its coincidental that today is Saturday and the first time most of us are having problems.
    edited January 2010
    valt wrote: »
    Just got in... keep clicking the button lol

just got in also just keep doing it, dude your an ideot this isn't the final game you think its perfect well its not go paly wow if you want a perfect game dude we beta we test we test when we cna and when the srver goes down to turns off let it, they are probly fixing a problem that came up
    edited January 2010
    Post from someone with Cryptic

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1464265#post1464265
    Hi everyone!

This is really amazing! We have hit the limit of how many players we can fit on the server right now!

This is one of those times where we're both sad, and glad. On the one side, you all enjoy the game so much, we can't squeeze anyone else on to the server. (I can't log in right now either! )

On the other side, we really want to let you all on the server! So, here's what we're working on:

1) We're increasing server capacity. We have new machines coming in to add to the server, and we've put a rush order on them. We're going to bring them online as soon as we can.

2) We're working on software solutions as well. Our development team is working night and day to be able to get as much power as we can from each machine, and we're focusing on increasing capacity, and server stability.

For now, all we can say is, please keep trying. We know it's frustrating. Please keep trying though. You never know when you might be able to get in!

Thank you for your patience, thank you for your support, and thank you for your interest in Star Trek Online!

Stormshade
    edited January 2010
    I know its distasteful for most folks, but perhaps a queue in this case so we don't have to keep clicking the dang button? Thank you, however, for addressing this issue--tho I'm faiorly surprised that you were caught by surprise at the number of people who would try to log into this game on a weekend with open beta keys flying eveywhere. I mean, you didn't think you'd have this big a turnout for one of the most anticipated and certainly iconic MMOs of 2010? Really really??
    penalt wrote: »