test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Showstopping bug in The Kuvah'Magh

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In what I'm assuming is the last part of the mission, "A Diplomatic Solution," I tried to free one of the diplomats but when I interacted with him he didn't respond and now no longer gives the option to interact. This basically breaks the mission at the very end of it, making it impossible to finish after much hardship.

On a side question, I keep on hearing about people reporting bugs in game...where is that option? I can't find it anywhere.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    press the green button that is shaped like a little bug to make a bug report. it should be next to the clock in game.
    edited January 2010
    or use you chat to type /bug
    edited January 2010
    dottaman wrote:
    press the green button that is shaped like a little bug to make a bug report. it should be next to the clock in game.

lol, I thought that was part of the clock.

So...when I submit a ticket for a bug should I expect them to fix my problem? I don't want to have to start this mission over again. If so should I wait around? or go about my business?
    edited January 2010
    i'm not sure how they handle bug reports. when i submitted one (also on the Kuvah'Magh episode) the problem was gone in a very short time. whether that was because they fixed it or it went away on its own, i don't know.
    edited January 2010
    I simply exited and restarted that portion of the mission and it worked fine the next go round
    edited January 2010
    Tyrrian wrote:
    I simply exited and restarted that portion of the mission and it worked fine the next go round

Yeah, that didn't work for me.
    edited January 2010
    They have had a lot of mission bugs and I've been hit by nearly everyone of them which is why I am only rank 9. I would be close to max if it wasn't for them. I got hit by a showstopping bug on Starbase 24: The Getaway. A showstopping bug on one of the early patrol missions that had me waiting about 10 hours for a fix. I have gotten hit by the bug where away teams don't transport down with you on several different missions, including the Kuvah'magh. All in all, I've lost about 10 hours of gameplay to bugs.

However, I am glad to see that they are fixing the bugs which should mean things will go smoothly on the release version.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I've been hit by a lot of bugs as well. Up until now I've just worked around them but now they are getting to be rather debilitating. Out of all of the betas I've been in (which is quite a few) this is by far the most bug riddled and this is open beta where most of the bugs should be taken care of. Bugs aside, though, this is the most fun and challenging game I've played in a while. If they can just fix the bugs and tweak some of the difficulties I can see myself playing this game for a while. The game could use a better crafting system too.
    edited January 2010
    Yogg wrote:
    In what I'm assuming is the last part of the mission, "A Diplomatic Solution," I tried to free one of the diplomats but when I interacted with him he didn't respond and now no longer gives the option to interact. This basically breaks the mission at the very end of it, making it impossible to finish after much hardship.

On a side question, I keep on hearing about people reporting bugs in game...where is that option? I can't find it anywhere.

I had the same issue when I did that mission earlier. The thing that creates this bug is if you talk to the diplomat to soon, before the combat breaks. I think that is the issue anyway. When i did it the final days of CB I had it happen to me. So i beamed up, and had the button that allowed me to continue but it was the same.

So i did 1 part of a patrol mission, then returned to that mission adn that part had resetted when i selected I wanted to continue. Only the final stage. So the base was filled with klingons again. And this time I made sure I was out of combat before talking to the diplomat.

Make sure he or she is standing up and it should work. one of your Boffs also tells you to make sure there ar eno klingons present when you beam the diplomat to your ship, as you dont want your beamer to target the wrong one :)