test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

away teams not going wtih captain?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So seems my away teams are letting the captain beam over without his crew thus me vs 100 klingons isnt fun! already bugged just letting you guys know have to beam in and out several times
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ditto on this issue. I have to re-approach the planet to beam down over and over due to the fact I beam down alone. Yes is does display away team selection before the beaming.
    edited January 2010
    I have had the same thing, it happened to me in the briar patch mission i had to beam down several times until eventually the rest of my away team joined me .
    edited January 2010
    one thing that happened to me was they finally appeared after I got into combat was weird...
    edited January 2010
    I've had this happen quite a few times, it almost seems to be related to the beaming down as a ship issue. Everytime I beam down as a ship, my crew is nowhere to be found. If I beam down as a person, sometimes my crew is there, sometimes they just appear about 10 seconds later.
    edited January 2010
    This happens to me as well. I beam down, I see a mini version of my ship on the ground for a minute or so, then it finally changes into my character but he's all alone.
    edited January 2010
    I just set my standard away team on the assignments screen and beamed down again. This time I got my character immediately and my away team a few seconds later.
    edited January 2010
    heh i also tryed this alot.... it can also be "cured" with a fast log out - log in...
    edited January 2010
    Since I'm having all of the above problems too, I'll just say, ditto...
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem. It seems every time I try to beam down I'm all alone...it's making the game impossible to play.
    edited January 2010
    I've noticed that if you beam down without an away team, you can relog and they'll be there with you (assuming the server isn't too busy to allow you back in....)

Also, for "ship-on-the-ground" syndrome (and its cousin, "person-in-space-itis"), it seems that if you can make a dialogue box pop up, your will revert to the correct model. i.e. If you find your character walking around the sector map, just have a quick chat with Mr. Replicator (oh noes the Replicators!) and he should sort you out.
    edited January 2010
    I think it was to make it more realistic. Consider how many times Kirk's crew would want to have let him beam into a combat situation by himself for a laugh.

But this happened to me a few times. I had not thought of the Replicator work around though. Great idea.
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting this as well, everytime its when I beam down as my ship. The ship model issue clears on its own, usually 30-60 seconds or interacting with something.
    edited January 2010
    As a workaround, I've found the command '/FillPetTeamList' fixes this, at least some of the time.
    edited January 2010
    I've had the same problem on more than one occasion. Most recently (last night; before the latest patch) it was beaming down to a planet full of gorn; I was surrounded by four or five groups of a half-dozen gorn... all by myself. The select your away team panel did come up, and it had my regular group of bridge officers, but they did not beam down with me.
    edited January 2010
    happened to me as well, was able to get team back by changing instance.
    edited January 2010
    Ditto on this exact experience. LIkewise, when I return from sector space and am a human avatar in the void, the game hangs for a few seconds then crashes me with an Cryptic Hander error box and the option to submit a report on what just happened. Which I have done, about 6-8 times now. The program always has to reverify its files after this happens.

Please fix this, or suggest a workaround. Don't let the game ship in this condition.
    I've had this happen quite a few times, it almost seems to be related to the beaming down as a ship issue. Everytime I beam down as a ship, my crew is nowhere to be found. If I beam down as a person, sometimes my crew is there, sometimes they just appear about 10 seconds later.
    edited January 2010
    im not sure, didnt have time to test it, but i think you only spawn as a ship (and then without crew) if the mission window pops up BY ITSELF and you click the beam down from there. If you click exit/Not now, then open the same window yourself (lower right corner button) and beam then it works.
    As I said couldn't test rly test it, but it worked for me the last 2 times, maybe it was just coincidence.
    edited January 2010
    Same here, away team sometimes doesn't show up. Latest patch made it better though.
    edited January 2010
    i too have had this problem today, but i thought sod it, had to do the pirate radio station mission among others (one of which involved beaming to a station full of those annoying naussicans with their freeze guns and solo'd them all) good tactic is, focus on killing the guys with no sheilds first, they dont respawn when u do so its easier to kill the sheilded guys with them dead
    edited January 2010
    It always happens to me, and yes i usually beam in as a ship
    edited January 2010
    same here: beaming as ship AND without away team
    edited January 2010
    Same issue, its really annoying having to repeat the prior missions to try and get your away team to follow you.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, saw this on the quest with Lt. Paris.
    edited January 2010
    yup iv had this it usually happened when i see my ship instead of my character but what i found in must cases is if i beam back to ship then straight back down it fixed it most of the time!!

think as with most of the bugs im seeing is caused be the server been overload:rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    I have the problem regularly too

My officer didnt come with me in the first tutorial ground mission and he also didnt come in the first ground mission i took afterwards, i had only red shirts then, but i at least I was able to get the officer with the reinforcements button that time.
    edited January 2010
    This is directly related to the beaming down as ship.. unfortunately this is a lag problem, always starts to hit when you yanks get on in mass.. its fine until "prime time" :p
    edited January 2010
    Same here. Go back up and then down again.
    I think it's a race condition and a bandwidth issue. After several times, I just waited a litle longer in the away team selection window, and all was good.
    I tried again by starting up my newsreader on a second machine to eat up the bandwidth and the problem returned. There just needs to be some additional checks before moving on between scenes.
    edited January 2010
    Same issue, except my one security redshirt always makes it down there. My bridge officers don't though. Since Mr. Redshirt is down with me, I can hit request reinforcements, which only works if I click multiple times and move around.

Now that I have a fourth officer though, I'm reluctant to run ground missions due to this issue.
    edited January 2010
    Same issue here, Starbase 24 wasn't fun with just my one guy.
    edited January 2010
    Add me to the list. Happened on the first ground mission after you choose your first officer.

Really like the game.