test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My bug reports AND feedback for the day.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is my list of bug reports AND feedback for the day:

Bug #1: Lag
I still have some lag. Not nearly as bad as yesterday. The only time i encounter lag is when i'm in an area with a lot of other people. I sure hope you guys can fix this whenever you can.

Bug #2: Character Creator Issue

When i'm in the character creator, something is wrong with the mouth accessories(facial hair). When i select something like a beard, for example, the beard appears with it's default colors. Then when i customize the color to making the beard black, it shows the beard part black, and part default color. It usually happens every time the character moves his head.

Bug #3: Jumping into Warp
When i jump into warp, everything looks fine...then suddenly my ship appears right back where it was before jumping to warp...then the screen freezes and i end up right back where i was before i tried jumping to warp...then i end up having to jump to warp all over again

Bug #4:The map
There seems to be different maps in this game, so i don't know what the correct term is for the specific map i'm talking about. I'm talking about the map you look at that shows all four quadrants of the entire galaxy. As a trekkie i already know that their is four quadrants...earth and vulcan is in the alpha quadrant and the borg are in the delta quadrant.

In the map, all i see that is shown is the alpha and beta quadrant, and that it shows earth and vulcan in the beta quadrant and not the alpha. Even the borg are not in the delta quadrant.

If ya'all can fix that, it would be nice. I'm not sure if this is considered a bug or not but either way it's VERY confusing.

My Feed back

Targeting:
During space combat, it gets a little frustrating at times because i constantly have to manually change the camera view in order to see what i'm shooting at so that i'm aiming at the correct shield quadrant(for example: when i'm trying to take out JUST the aft shields)

There is a fix to this problem that i've seen used in EvE online: When you lock onto your target, the camera view locks onto the target AND the camera angle FOLLOWS the target so you can spend more time shooting and less time adjusting your camera view manually during combat.

Also, if ya'all can add that targeting feature to not just combat, but to everything else, it might make the game even more fun.

Shields:
I've noticed that when i enter combat mode, i get four things that appear around my ship that represent my four shield quadrants. Although they are VERY helpful during combat, since you ALREADY have that feature build into the HUD(bottom center of the screen). It would be really awesome if ya'all can add a feature to where you can toggle the quadrants that appear around your ship and around your target(s) so that it gives space battles a more "cenimatic" feel to it.

Action Bar:
I noticed that during ground combat AND space combat that i have an action bar on the bottom right part of my screen where i can assign different commands. I've also noticed that if i hover my mouse over one of the icons in the action bar that a small message pops up, describing what the button does. If there is a way you can add a feature so that we can turn those message boxes OFF, it would help for those of us who prefer to click the icons during combad instead of pressing the 1,2,3, keys.

The reason being: it gets frustrating at times when i'm making a split decision to melee attack or fire my rifle, but the message box appears and blocks the view of my buttons. This slows me down during ground AND space combat and has already gotten me killed a few times.

If you can fix that feature it would be awesome.

Well i hope my bug and feedback report helps you devs. Again, thx for letting us into open beta.

Sincerely,
Vice Admiral GoTh
ADF Recruiter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    found some other bugs/issues today and just thought i'd update my list here to help you guyz out:D

I think the lag is back because after playing around with the alien creator(which is awesome, btw:D:D:D), when i started to go through the tutorial the lag and rubberbanding is so bad that i got frustrated and left the game.

I also found another bug. I'm not sure if it's some kind of rendering bug, or if it's a lag issue as well:

When somebody hails my ship and i click on the "on screen" button, an animated picture of the person contacting me shows...But the picture renders what looks like to be half of the picture, then after a second later, the whole animated picture of the person contacting me finally finishes rendering.

I'm not sure if that's a bug or lag, but just thought i'd report that as well just in case.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    here to update my list again. I was forced to reboot the game because after getting a "server not responding" error message on the top-middle part of my screen while beaming down to a planet, the program(or server froze).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    just a quick note, lag is not a bug. you get lag with all mmos, especially during beta where they are constantly stress testing the server(s). once it goes live, and all the servers are up and running, the load should be more balanced and there should be far less lag. however, there will still occassionally be lag in heavy population zones such as star bases and starting areas.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Agreed. Lag is not a bug at all. And your warping issue is also lag related. The rendering of characters in the comm, may be lag as well... not sure on that one. I've noticed it as well.