Install Arc
Options

Map cannot load as map is full

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yeh, same issue here, so i will wait until the patch comes out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have had this problem all day. Every time I get a load screen I get disconnected.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nony545 wrote: »
    im confused you all do know that this is beta testing and that this is the reason we are here to test for problems with the game this is not release if you dont like it come back on launch day...constructive criticism is fine but to say your going to get your money back over a beta or that they should have for seen this and this should not happen during beta is ignorant so on that not e sure post bugs but do not tell us how your going to go get your money back if they dont fix it

I'm confused how you Beta test a game without being able to play it?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The post above is exactly right.

All of the posts saying "it's a beta test, what do you expect?" "it's not ready" "you obviously never have beta tested anything before" blah blah blah blah blah

so that's the excuse for not being able to PLAY the damn game? at all?

Sorry, but we're about three weeks away from launch and this thing was in closed beta tests for a few months. I want my money back. and yes, I've never beta tested anything before, and it looks like I won't be play testing this game.....because IT WON'T LET ME LOG IN TO PLAY TEST IT!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Your testing the game by trying to play and stress testing the servers and instances. You should be submitting bug reports so cryptic can get a solid handle on how often the problem is occuring. If you have never been in a beta before this is how it works, especially on the first day of the open beta of a massivley anticipated game like STO.

So just deal with the problems or wait a few days for the initial rush and stress on the front end of the game to die down as cryptic makes adjustments and people filter through the game so that every one is not trying to log into the same instance at the same time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    By no means am i complaing, just adding myself to the list of stuck at loading map/not excepting full.
    Has been over a hour now, I got kicked leaving a mission and ever since i cant log into the game.

Hope it helps, bug filed once i get in game

game rocks though
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok I'm giving this up for now... trying to log in ~10 times just to play for 3 minutes and getting Disconnected and generally not being able to use the Sol map or the travel map just doesn't do it for me right now xD
    Hope you fix this soon...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope it wont be days until this issue is fixed, as I wouldnt like to have my character stuck until then :-/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    All of the issues are seeing are well documented and being updated constantly on the Known Issues thread.

The map is full issue is a downright bug. We're fixing it in the next patch.

Okay. And when will this patch take place?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep cant load map error...sigh i hope they make a Post and Say... HOW MANY PPL tried to login and broke it. would be interesting to see their forcast compared to what did log in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Personally I am not upset, I would like to be playing right now, but I understand they are stress testing.
    However, not being able to play at all is frustrating for people that payed money to play this game as I did. I am patient, and love the game so far so I am willing to wait. But Cryptic must be aware that other people are not as patient as I am. It’s been two hours since I got booted for the map error, and I have been unable to log on since.

If Cryptic was wise they would at least let us know how long we should expect to wait, even just a heads up would be nice. A lot of us could be doing other things then trying to log in every ten minutes. It just makes a bad situation worse. If you can, try to give us some sort of time frame.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Beta or not, if the game launches like this, it will be a disaster. Fortunately, they have a couple of weeks to figure out and hopefully be able to fix it. Not being able to load zones, maps, whatever you call it is a pretty big deal for an MMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nessy wrote:
    Beta or not, if the game launches like this, it will be a disaster. Fortunately, they have a couple of weeks to figure out and hopefully be able to fix it. Not being able to load zones, maps, whatever you call it is a pretty big deal for an MMO.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistake AION did @ launch
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow can't believe all the people defending Cryptic.

Yes it is the first day of beta.
    Yes it is beta.
    Yes Crytpic should have anticipated the demand, based on preoders etc.
    Yes people will grind their teeth and deal with it in beta, but people will not put up with it at launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol. I got in for like 45 seconds in the sector map. Tried to move to my next mission....

Boot. Disconnected.

Tried to rel-og.

"Map cannot load as map is full."

KAHHHHHHNNNNN!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nevermind ....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As of yet the only mistake I have seen is not defining that Beta is our chance to help them improve the game and troubleshoot bugs before launch. Our reward is a chance to play the game at no initial cost during this final phase of development. If you are concerned about a polished final product wait for the early launch or final launch on 2/2 when you are actually paying for it.. All bugs aside I am glad to have the chance to play it at all as I find the game itself to be incredible when it is working.