test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to choose zone to load into

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As the title says, whenever I go to zone into another area a list should pop up and let me select which zone I want to zone into. This does not happen, what happens is a list pops up and a fraction of a second later it loads into a zone. which zone, i don't know but am assuming it's the first one with an open slot.

I know you can change the settings to make this either auto load or where you have to choose each time. It was like this in Champions Online which I also beta tested, both closed and open. The issues is, not matter what setting I use, it doesn't change anything.

On a side note, I even tried to change the option to not allow me to choose a zone, and it seems to revert back to the default choice every time i go back to check options.

The problem is I am stuck being forced to load into the first available slot, which is always in the most crowded area, which I do not want to be in. I always choose the least populated one for my own reasons.

Anyone else having this trouble?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes I have this problem it will automatically choose a shard, or just disconnect me once. I posted a ticket about it ingame, but i think i might of gotten dc'ed befor it sent, so I might do that again
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here the I'll see the window for choosing a shard/map come up but before I can even look at which one I want to go to I instantly start loading into one of them. Then I either enter it or am told the map is full and I'm kicked bat to login or character select.
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here the I'll see the window for choosing a shard/map come up but before I can even look at which one I want to go to I instantly start loading into one of them. Then I either enter it or am told the map is full and I'm kicked bat to login or character select.

i get the same thing every other time i switch between ground/space/sector maps
    edited January 2010
    ok, then it's not just me going crazy. So far out of all the issues, that one is one of the more annoying to me :(

well, that and the map not loading issue, but there are plenty of threads about that, I just didnt find one about the issue with choosing zones.
    edited January 2010
    When you are able to actually get into the game, click the down arrow near your minimap. Choose "Change Map", and check the box that says "Let me choose..." something. I can't remember the exact wording but it's the only check-box, and that should let you pick a map every time.
    edited January 2010
    Cayle wrote:
    When you are able to actually get into the game, click the down arrow near your minimap. Choose "Change Map", and check the box that says "Let me choose..." something. I can't remember the exact wording but it's the only check-box, and that should let you pick a map every time.

Well I'll be damned, that worked. I can now choose which instance i go to.

Thank you very much :)