test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constantly being disconnected from the login server

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    try to reconnect in 8 hours, perhaps by then they will have enough servers online to handle everyone. because between now 2:21pm est and 5:00pm pst, all the school kids are going to be logging in or at least adding to the problem. I'm sure they thought they had enough resources...Oops! so not prepared. its the online power company, "We work fast, like snails with hard hats.":p
    edited January 2010
    Would be cool if it *did* work, but alas we can only hope (and assume) that by the time it launches the problems have lessened :) I'd like to thank Cryptic though, for the effort they've put forward so far.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I've been disconnected at least a half dozen time in various stages. It had taken me 3 tries before getting past character dev. Then I got DCd twice when I attempted to go beam over to the Khitomer. Then once after finishing the starship portion of that. Its the first day for open beta, so problens can be expected, however, this not easily playable.

The part where I can't even get to a new area and get a statement the area is full and then disconnected is kinda ticking me off. This is something that should have been dealt with prior to today.

Is the plan to only run one giant server (like Eve), or are we going to be able to choose servers like WoW or DDO?

Saxon Dog
    edited January 2010
    I have been trying to connect before the school kids even came into the picture... So what your saying now is everyone else who managed to get in the game will now be screwed. Luckily I have more patience than high school kids.
    edited January 2010
    this will be part of the testing and i am sure will happen more often then we would like, but thats the nature of the beast...
    more so since more people are on the server and some bugs may actually hinder stability...
    edited January 2010
    This is what i suspected day one would be like. I have got to play so far its cool. love to get out of the tutorial sometime to just explore.

I think they've done fine so far. I'd like to be a fly on the wall at Cryptic to see the mayhem.
    edited January 2010
    This is the EXACT same thing that happened on Champions beta launch. I was hoping this wouldn't happen here but I'm not surprised that it has. I expected it, really. That's the nature of day 1 open beta I guess.
    edited January 2010
    bigduckie wrote:
    >.< this is a beta no?

Yes, this is "beta". And specifically it's Open Beta which is about Server Stability. But this seems like an Issue with Server Configuration. And Cryptic should know from past experience "How to Set Up their Servers". Problem is ... someone is either incompetent, or not paying attention.

They Knew there would be a bunch of people scrambling to: Create Characters, and Complete the Tutorial. But they didn't set things up to accommodate that scenario.

Bottom Line: They have NO Excuse! They Let this Happen!
    edited January 2010
    Honestly since I work in the technical arena this is normal. Now I have never been part of a game beta or open beta in the past but having been on many many software roll outs the open beta is like anything else. it is a dry run before official launch so those of you posting things like this is a bad start and talking about how forgiving you will be etc... well thats really not needed. This is normal, think about it. they had beta to work on lots of issues and now that it is open its the beta testers plus all the folks who pre-ordered.. this is so they can see how the load stress is going to be and so they can get that ironed out before they let everyone else aside from us in and fix lots of other major issue's. So to cryptic I say great job guys and keep up all the hard work to bring us this long long awaited MMO. I'll be tryin to get on again in a few hours to see if it's gotten stabilized a bit more, a few less peeps tryin to hammer the STO servers the better.

Few hours of Lord of the Rings will do until then! =)
    edited January 2010
    The scary part is they just added a bunch of new hardware at the end of closed beta to the cluster and the server is still choking and dying. Well, it wasn't much better before, it was fairly unstable, but still, this type of response should be atypical at this point of MMO development as a whole.
    edited January 2010
    i keep crashing in game with the message "disconnected from server" it then takes about 10/15 mins before i can get back in. This happens around loading screens and just general gameplay (in and out of combat)
    edited January 2010
    Well, I managed to create a character by rushing through the creation process, got through the entire first ground mission, started on the space portion, but while I was destroying damaged probes, I crashed and now I can't get back in. It takes me all the way to the character selection screen, but then it says "Retrieving List of Maps", and then disconnects me.

Not angry, just hoping that Cryptic can fix this before my little brother gets home. When he gets back, he'll probably pester me to get off Modern Warfare 2 (my distraction while Cryptic gets their stuff together).
    edited January 2010
    still cant get past the connecting to server screen ive only managed to get to character creation once since 10am, can we get an update as to if this is going to be fixed soon,
    edited January 2010
    Well, I managed to finish the tutorial and even get a couple of missions under my belt. I guess that was 70 to 90 minutes of play, then the server stopped responding and I got booted. Now I'm back to the waiting game.
    edited January 2010
    I always be diconnected with no reason.

Sometimes the client said: Map is Full -->> Disconnect

that´s crazy
    edited January 2010
    Login server disconnect issues back with a vengence. Now i can only log in for about a minute before my ship stops dead in it's tracks and i get disconnected. Sometimes i even get the message in red letters "Server not responding".