test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tutorial issues.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was in the CB, I've been in OB's before, I know this stuff is to be expected...

But the biggest problem I've come across, is a server disconnect when I'm supposed to beam down to Vega Colony in the tutorial. Whenever I log back in, it puts me on the previous map with the damages probes, and it is impossible for me to progress because I've already completed that part, and it won't let me warp to the next stage.

I have had to delete, and re-create my character roughly five times. Happened each time. The VERY last time, after I DC'd, I was able to log back on, and I was on Vega like I was supposed to be. But my BO did not follow me down, and I am unable to pick up the Phaser Rifle, or talk to the Ensign about getting a Kit.

I'm assuming this is all routine OB server stress/lag issues, but I wanted to bring it forward just to be thorough.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dalamarth wrote: »
    ...a server disconnect when I'm supposed to beam down to Vega Colony in the tutorial. Whenever I log back in, it puts me on the previous map with the damages probes, and it is impossible for me to progress because I've already completed that part, and it won't let me warp to the next stage.
    Yup - happened to quite a few of us. Got me midway through the Active Probes - but trapped me in the damaged probe map with no way to progress.

I'd expect this to be more common due to stress of the first hours of OB causing more DCs, but the game could really do with a 'check & warp forward' or 'skip' function for when you get trapped in mission subtasks that are already completed (and show in the mission list as completed).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup - happened to quite a few of us. Got me midway through the Active Probes - but trapped me in the damaged probe map with no way to progress.

I'd expect this to be more common due to stress of the first hours of OB causing more DCs, but the game could really do with a 'check & warp forward' or 'skip' function for when you get trapped in mission subtasks that are already completed (and show in the mission list as completed).

That's not a bad idea at all. A "Warp/Beam" button that checks objectives, and pushes you forward in a mission if you're not where you should be.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dalamarth wrote: »
    I was in the CB, I've been in OB's before, I know this stuff is to be expected...

But the biggest problem I've come across, is a server disconnect when I'm supposed to beam down to Vega Colony in the tutorial. Whenever I log back in, it puts me on the previous map with the damages probes, and it is impossible for me to progress because I've already completed that part, and it won't let me warp to the next stage.

I have had to delete, and re-create my character roughly five times. Happened each time. The VERY last time, after I DC'd, I was able to log back on, and I was on Vega like I was supposed to be. But my BO did not follow me down, and I am unable to pick up the Phaser Rifle, or talk to the Ensign about getting a Kit.

I'm assuming this is all routine OB server stress/lag issues, but I wanted to bring it forward just to be thorough.

Thanks in advance!

i had this problem as well, one of the Devs posted earlier that they were planning on putting out a fix for this later on tonight so hopefully it will be taken care of.