test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stuck as character in space

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After beaming back to my ship from an away mission I am now my character avatar in space, not my starship. I cannot maneuver or move to the next system that was on my mission list.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    skew wrote: »
    After beaming back to my ship from an away mission I am now my character avatar in space, not my starship. I cannot maneuver or move to the next system that was on my mission list.

Funny, I teleported down to a mission and was a space ship on a ground mission... No kidding. Opening bug for tha too.
    edited January 2010
    just had exactly the same issue, trying to log out and back in now to see if it helps.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, i was a ship inside the station with characters jumping all around me lol.
    edited January 2010
    i was an avatar in space as well....
    mine was going from the earth station to my ship from the admirals office.
    i cant get back in to log the bug now...

ill keep trying. :)
    edited January 2010
    Just had the same problem I just waited and 30 seconds later I was back on my ship.
    edited January 2010
    I also had this problem. I became an avatar in space. The only way I could move was to hold both mouse buttons and run sideways with "A" or "D" keys. No weapons.
    edited January 2010
    Come on peoples!!!!!

Screenshots, we need screenshots....

Sounds freaking hilarious.
    edited January 2010
    yup same thing happened to me. had to log out cause I couldn't do anything.
    edited January 2010
    I would expect this to be database lag at the server side, what it sounds like is its not sending your client the avatar data. which suggests to me that the server that handles everything related to where you are, what should load etc is having problems with all the requests from people. I suggest a relog but i dont know if it would help in this 'Climate'

From the same problem with starship in station :)
    edited January 2010
    I have been a person in space and a ship on the ground. Very weird. When i was the ship it fixed itself quickly but i had to relog to sort out being in space.

I filed that bug report. I am also downloading the latest drivers for my laptop.
    edited January 2010
    I played closed beta with no issue at all... now open beta launches and I have been a character in space for over 2 hours and can't move and logging doesnt help....bit TRIBBLE really