test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting the boot constantly

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Seems ever 10-15 mins im getting the boot. im sure there are lots and lots of ppl trying to get in but after manyt closed as well as open betas I should be used to this by now lol. Good job by the so far the game play is excellent.:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    now getting stuck at login server
    edited January 2010
    i am getting it too, i am gonna give it a rest for a few hours and play a different game for a while and hope they sort out the issues by then.
    edited January 2010
    I'm having it happento me too. I guess the servers are just being stressed with everyone trying to get in.
    edited January 2010
    I'm having it happento me too. I guess the servers are just being stressed with everyone trying to get in.

Same here and i agree with the servers over loged.
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting kicked as well, and now I'm stuck in an area I've already done in the space tutorial :(
    edited January 2010
    Same here. It seems to happen more frequently when going from one area to another.
    edited January 2010
    yep same here and now my loader won;t even work
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting booted a lot as well, but the most painful part is that it's taking me 5 minutes or so trying to get back in, only to get 'map full' or 'disconnected from log in server' and have to try again - ingame stuff seems to be working fine, but only getting 5-10 minutes of play while getting 20 minutes or so of trying to get back in.
    edited January 2010
    Not trying to be off topic but the youtube link on Cotton's sig is funny. Suggest watching it while you're trying to get on the server :P
    edited January 2010
    Same here. Can't log in. Gets stuck at "retrieving list of characters". Only got in to play once so far and it was really laggy. Imagine what it's going to be like when people start getting off work.
    edited January 2010
    Getting the boot constantly as well. some minor lag issues here and there, most of it graphical because there is so much going on in certain areas.

I wonder if there is a latency threshold dialed into the server application. you know to boot people that appear to have timed out or have too high a latency for good game play.

If this is the case then I guess me living in Holland isn't helping my latency much :(
    edited January 2010
    If the folks at Cryptic had any common sense...cough cough...they would have built more servers because they should have known that lots of people would be online today for the open beta.
    edited January 2010
    Same here I can for 5 min befor disconnection or go 30 seconds. Hopfully the login and disconnection problems will get fixed soon. They say they are working on the login, hope the d/c comes next.
    edited January 2010
    been an 1hr 40 minutes so far and i think Ive played about 10 Min's of the game. The game is excellent but i think the Borg are king of lacking visually. Also they should add a spell checker in the forums not make you dl one.
    edited January 2010
    Mister Id wrote:
    Same here. Can't log in. Gets stuck at "retrieving list of characters". Only got in to play once so far and it was really laggy. Imagine what it's going to be like when people start getting off work.

Same here, after the boot and login attempt I get stuck at "retrieving list of characters".
    edited January 2010
    Same here, after the boot and login attempt I get stuck at "retrieving list of characters".

Same here. Seems to take forever to load my 1 character and then i get disconnected after i hit play.
    edited January 2010
    I get about 10 to 20 minutes of gameplay before being Disconnected as well.
    edited January 2010
    I keep getting stuck on the initial load screen and cant even get my list of characters. before that I kept getting booted whil trying to make my first character. Spent all night downloading the game and now cant get in to play...confused: I think we need more servers.. just a guess.:
    edited January 2010
    trying to get to Vega and ive been in the elevator 5 minutesd lol dont understand why im not disco'd
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic needs to get their butts in gear...this is bull. This many problems during an OPEN beta is pathetic.
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic needs to get their butts in gear...this is bull. This many problems during an OPEN beta is pathetic.

Agreed and they expect us to actually PAY for this with cash too! I waited 3 hours so far and still no fixes its obvious the servers cannot handle the traffic and when the game launches theres gonna be a ton more! I am gonna cancel my pre-order I think..
    edited January 2010

Judging by the arrogance in your post you must not have been in MANY betas. From my experience this is on par for the first open beta day. Please save your wit lacking retort that is sure to follow.
    edited January 2010
    Vhero wrote: »
    Agreed and they expect us to actually PAY for this with cash too! I waited 3 hours so far and still no fixes its obvious the servers cannot handle the traffic and when the game launches theres gonna be a ton more! I am gonna cancel my pre-order I think..

Guys this is still an BETA. The whole reason of it is to get out the bugs of the system. And because of the start of the open beta I guess the systems run at max. It's not final release its open beta, don't expect that everything works !!!!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm probably just going to give up and try again tomorrow or later, lol put the petal to the metal to get home for this :( , oh well its just an Open beta I'm more concerned about my head start and perks for pre-ordering.
    edited January 2010
    Vhero wrote: »

Seriously?

Expecting the software to work perfectly in beta is not logical. :p

Better that these things are found now rather than at launch, and cause a huge headache then. Relax, have a beer and enjoy the dip.

And to Cryptic, good job so far, but I am going to echo the inability to get in right now, and the launcher now is hit or miss on whether it loads all the graphics-that's a connection/bandwidth issue I would expect from all us ... Well, mostly happy campers trying to get in.