test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workaround for Probe issue

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
For those of you who were disconnected and stuck in the map killing the Damaged Probes when you need to be killing Active Probes, I was able to advance and here I will tell you how.

First, I changed instances to put me at the start of the map. Then I waited for someone new to the map to warp in. I invited them to the group. I think went about killing more probes. When he warped away, I did not and was still left there. However, because we were in a team, I noticed that he was now exactly 200km directly above me. I corkscrewed my way up and even though I could not get to him, I was able to get within 80km. During this time, he was killing the Active Probes and once that was complete, I changed instances again and I was finally back on track.

It's also mentioned further down, that simply corkscrewing up until you reach the map above and then re-instancing will also fix it without the need to party and wait.

I hope this helps you guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Creative solution. Thank you for your help in smoothing the game experience. =)
    edited January 2010
    Just going up until your map changes and you see the planet, and then changing instances seem to do the trick.

--edit-- Sorry, I need more coffee.
    edited January 2010
    Very cool. Thank you.
    edited January 2010
    r2dr solution is the same thing that worked for me corkscrew upwards till you go through the blue and find the planet and change instance and i was where i was meant to be.
    edited January 2010
    Awesome... I'll edit my original post to reflect it. Thanks for the additional input.