test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at retrieving characters

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I created my character and got booted back to login after I got the "map is full" message. When I try to go back in the game I never get past the Retreiving Characters screen. Just stays there forever.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a work around?

Thanks,

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah i have the same thing atm. I was ingame. Beamed out of Sol space station, then my avatar was walking around in space (without a suit! :)) instead of my ship. So i filed a bug report, tried everything. then logged out, and now im stuck at retrieving characters screen at login.
    edited January 2010
    I got it too after that stupid map loading error everytime i load the game i get stuck at this screen now the game refuses to go past it.
    edited January 2010
    bigorgg wrote: »
    I created my character and got booted back to login after I got the "map is full" message. When I try to go back in the game I never get past the Retreiving Characters screen. Just stays there forever.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a work around?

Thanks,

Having this to at she moment.
    Played for an hour or so and wanted to access a system, and hanged.
    edited January 2010
    I've loaded up the game for the first time and, half an hour later, I'm still at the retrieving characters screen. Don't even have an opportunity to file a bug in game for this one.
    edited January 2010
    yep, OP, I have the same issue since about half an hour.
    I played the tutorial and the first missions, made it to lt 3 (almost 4) and then I got kicked out while entering a system (I believe it was Rheytan [sp?] system).

Now, I can't log back in. What a pity :-(

EDIT: finally managed to get past the "retrieving chars". Chose my char, clicked "play".
    Then it said: "Map is full, you can't log in." or something similar.