test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MMORPG Previews STO

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Dana Massey from MMORPG headed down to Los Gatos to check out Star Trek Online. Read his impressions here.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yay!!! First post. I can’t wait for the in-depth discussion about how bridges work.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What a great article! It both reviewed and revealed interesting elements of the game. A+
    Cant wait for Feb; it sounds like the game is coming along. I will be interested to see how they tune the pace of away missions. Keep up the good work Cryptic/team!

almost forgot woot! 2nd!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I like the read. I will have to say though my jealousy bar is rising a little. Oh how I would sign the NDA with blood. That’s ok…though I can still wait for the game to come out. I have been and will continue to look forward to playing the game. I can only pray the game keeps its quality and never subjects it’s self to quantity (The average player). I am still wondering if there will be a lifetime sub to STO…I am still pending whether to get it…but if I keep seeing great review like this…I will say yes…lifetime sub for STO.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This article has some excellent insight. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Vazuras wrote: »
    I like the read. I will have to say though my jealousy bar is rising a little. Oh how I would sign the NDA with blood. That’s ok…though I can still wait for the game to come out. I have been and will continue to look forward to playing the game. I can only pray the game keeps its quality and never subjects it’s self to quantity (The average player). I am still wondering if there will be a lifetime sub to STO…I am still pending whether to get it…but if I keep seeing great review like this…I will say yes…lifetime sub for STO.

I am thinking that there is a pretty good chance of a lifetime subscription being a very real possibility for Star Trek Online since Cryptic Studios also offered one for Champions Online. I do wish that there would be some clarification soon on whether or not something like this would be offered (to plan my budget accordingly) but either way I'll definitely be signing up for one if they are available.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Trekkie wrote: »
    I am thinking that there is a pretty good chance of a lifetime subscription being a very real possibility for Star Trek Online since Cryptic Studios also offered one for Champions Online. I do wish that there would be some clarification soon on whether or not something like this would be offered (to plan my budget accordingly) but either way I'll definitely be signing up for one if they are available.

The only reason CO had a lifetime/6 mos, was to make money for STO. Cryptic would be fools to offer such a deal for this game, cause in the end they would lose money. No there won't be a lifetime sub. maybe
    6mos, but not a lifetime.
    On another note, the article was great! not the same 'Ole sorta rhetoric in so many past articles!
    I have learned alot and now know exactly what sorta science archetype I'll be going for!
    Thnx for the "NEW" INFO!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The entire space-combat game seemed to be nailed down pretty well and was easily the strongest part of the game.

That line made me quite happy! Honestly, I'd play STO if it was entirely ship combat. Heck, I'd play EVE if it wasn't for all of the terrible un-enjoyable aspects of the game. Away missions look like fun, of course, but I want to broadside some Klingon battlecruisers. :D

It's reassuring to know that the game is workable with two whole months left to fine tune. Excellent preview, MMORPG.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Best line from the article...
    Details on [ship interiors] and the really nitty-gritty of how bridge crews work will follow in a preview later this week.

Although as mentioned, this was the most content-filled article I've read in a good long while; I'm looking forward to reading more on Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks cryptic for the new information. I can't wait for the next segment.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good info on the sub-careers! I'm hoping I can make Security officers (tactical) wear the traditional gold uniform instead of red though! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Very good read imo. Gives us a basic outlook on the different areas of the game and a general impression on what to expect. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good read - one of the better preview articles recently - certainly not the same old question/answer recycled nonsense of the past few weeks. Wednesday's article hopefully will be as enlightening.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    in fact, i want to see this 'sector space' area.