test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet - Excalibur Class

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wow...absolutely amazing little ship. I am so looking forward to this game with every ship design they release. Very modern look, but a very legacy feel to her. Can't wait to play this one! Good job, guys!!
    edited June 2009
    This ship will be perfect for delivery in dangerous areas...lots of fun and lots of credits :)
    edited June 2009
    awesome, I can't wait to blow a bunch up! haha
    edited June 2009
    Nice ... thanks for the update. I'm getting excited.
    edited June 2009
    I like the Constitution, and therefore I like the aesthetic look of this ship, but turning back to such an old design (even just as a cosmetic decision) seems more like a Klingon thing and just seems weird that the Federation is doing it. I know it's just about the only way to please fans and allow them to fly a "Constitution" but still. Also, the Oslo and Excalibur look like they have the exact same color schemes. I hope customization allows us to change that up a bit.
    edited June 2009
    I'd love to be a Beta tester and Fly her, she needs someone to push her to the limits.

Very exciting concept. I am inerested.
    edited June 2009
    personely I dont know why anyone would be against a new ship that favor's the old style , it has a souser and two nacell's like most fed ship's.
    I cant stop looking at it and it's been two day's LOL :D my eye's are sore oh well .
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait to get my hands on this ship!!!
    edited June 2009
    Korkoff sits upon his command deck reading the latest intelligence report form the Federation. Clearly this new ship is a prelude to war. He thinks of his son his daughter and how the empire has fallen behind in combat ships. How complacent we have become. How old he has gotten, the wars from SFC3 long gone his days of glory over the many foes of the Alpha guardant forgotten. The ninth fleet how they trembled at the name of Korkoff. But should his son or his daughter ever find themselves in the ancient K'Ting the old K'vort or even the late model Vor'cha he has taught them well and even the last federation designs will be dust in ever ending space. For the house of Korkoff will not be intimidated by the Federations attempt to strike fear by reinstating a glories ship design whose best captain dieed a century ago. Bring the Connie if I can no longer find glory in the fight my children shall!!!!
    edited June 2009
    This ship looks amazing!!! i just hope that you could use some extra space to customize it more, maybe add a science lab or weapons section to round it out.
    edited June 2009
    Hrms. I like it. Not much else to say, I'm more a fan of TOS than anything else, but enjoyed the new movie, but feel this looks a bit more "classic trek" in its design.
    edited June 2009
    I hate it. Like the Enterprise in the recent Star Trek film, it is far too Flash Gordon for my tastes. :(

EDIT: Okay, hate is a strong word. I do love the traditional and basic design of the dual nacelles connected by pylons from a cylindrical hull, and a saucer-shaped hull forward of that, again connected to the primary (engineering) hull by a slim pylon. Standard and inpsiring. It's the swoop of the pylons that bothers me.
    edited June 2009
    I like it!
    edited June 2009
    One question if this ship is designed to carry starfleet into the 25th century why does it have a warp core that is more less advanced than the one on the one on Voyager which contains a class 9 warp core as stated by Admiral Patterson in Voy ep "Relativity"
    edited June 2009
    Hm.... I'm not sure about it. I think the shape is a bit awkward (let's see how it can be customised) and it has fore and aft phasers? Even the old Constitution refit (like the Miranda and the Excelsior) had port and starboard phasers.:(
    edited June 2009
    wow, super new ship
    a good alround-ship
    edited June 2009
    Nice Ship :D
    edited June 2009
    I like it. It's like a mesh of constitution refit, excelsior, and akira class
    edited June 2009
    I really need to See ANOTHER KLINGON SHIP!...sheesh all these hippy peaceful lets be nice to the galaxy federation ships.. Makes me wanna Stab a romulan or something. Show me some Birds Of Prey! New Vorcha's ANYTHING!
    edited June 2009
    Dhammer80 wrote: »
    I really need to See ANOTHER KLINGON SHIP!...sheesh all these hippy peaceful lets be nice to the galaxy federation ships.. Makes me wanna Stab a romulan or something. Show me some Birds Of Prey! New Vorcha's ANYTHING!
    Yeah! Bring it on!
    edited June 2009
    Dhammer80 wrote: »

Be greatful they are not covered in flowers, smiley faces, and peace signs.....

Cryptic did say something about ship customization......

Hmmmm......

Could anything strike fear in the heart of a Klingon like a pink Federation ship covered in flowers, smiley faces, and peace signs?:)
    edited June 2009
    I think I watched too much babylon 5, because when I first saw this, I thought:

Who are you?
    What do you want?
    Where are you going?
    Who do you serve and who do you trust?
    :D
    edited June 2009
    Helllo support class ship. Figured this was how they would address support classes. Keep telling myself this is a MMO. They kinda had to do it like this I think. Good looking ship though, love the classic consitution class design.
    edited June 2009
    this ship is a perfect middle of the road, jack of all/many trades type of ship. It should have some great applications in the support roles of fleet operations.
    edited June 2009
    There's "MMO" and there's "MMO". Nobody complains about Logistics vessels in Eve. I see the Excalibur filling that slot - as remote repper/buffer.

I agree the ship will be great paired up with a science vessel (I am guessing/hoping STO science vessels will fill the ECM/Electronic Warfare category).

The Oslo suggests to me something along the lines of "Stabber"-class light/fast cruisers.
    edited June 2009
    JadeEnigma wrote:
    I hate it. Like the Enterprise in the recent Star Trek film, it is far too Flash Gordon for my tastes. :(
    EDIT: Okay, hate is a strong word. I do love the traditional and basic design of the dual nacelles connected by pylons from a cylindrical hull, and a saucer-shaped hull forward of that, again connected to the primary (engineering) hull by a slim pylon. Standard and inpsiring. It's the swoop of the pylons that bothers me.

que the Qeen music :::: FLASH! AAAAHHHH AHHHHHH!
    edited June 2009
    Maybe I am one of the few that saw Excalibur and was hoping it WAS the version from Bridge Commander Kobayashi Maru mod, however I still really like the design.

Nice updating of the classic connie design...
    edited June 2009
    I like it. I'm glad to see a work horse, lets be honest you would need a ship to run supplies, repairs, and the countless jobs many people don't think or don't like to do because there not flashy. I say good job and I would run one.
    edited June 2009
    Great remake of the design, overall looks like a ship that will get a lot of use from the jack of all trades. Cant wait to see more.
    edited June 2009
    At first I really did not care what ship I would use in the game, I just wanted to explore. Now I know what I want to go exploring in.