test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Daeke

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the newest member of my team - David "Daeke" Bass. He will be managing the forums for the interim for me. Please welcome him and show him the same kind of respect and generosity of spirit that you have shown me. :)

Ps. No he's not replacing me. *grin* I know you guys worry about that sort of thing.

omg Awen dont ever do anything like this again, you almost gived me a heart attack!!!

(Hugs Awen)
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Guys, :)Daeke is helping me make sure that you guys get all of the attention that you deserve. :)

Lord knows we need it... *hopping on the short bus* :D
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Guys, :) I'm not going on vacation. I just got promoted so I have a ton more work and Daeke is helping me make sure that you guys get all of the attention that you deserve.

All is well. You just get extra special love now. :)

Congratulations on your promotion Awen; you deserve it after putting up with us these past months :D
    edited April 2009
    Awen got promoted for placing such a GREAT April Fools on us....For a moment I was cursing my roommate cause Cryptic went to the kids.......then I said...that doesn't make sense...what day is this???

Evil Evil person Awen is...I wonder how evil Daeke is going to be??
    edited April 2009
    Howdy and welcome.
    edited April 2009
    Welcome, welcome indeed!
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have joined the Cryptic team. You all are definitely a great bunch of people, and I can't wait to get to know you all as we explore the universe together. Or something like that.

Anyways, here's a screenshot for you:

Oh, wait. It won't upload for some reason. Oh well :P

Welcome to the madhouse Daeke! Glad to have you aboard. :)
    Daeke wrote:
    You heard it here first. My love is extra special.

And now we get Awen love and the extra special Daeke love?! We'll try not to let that go to our heads. ;)
    edited April 2009
    Well its nice to see new peeps;) I am glad that a sense of humor is your forte:) I will be quite interested in reading more of these "jokes" in the future.
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Guys, :) I'm not going on vacation. I just got promoted so I have a ton more work and Daeke is helping me make sure that you guys get all of the attention that you deserve.

Congrats on the Promotion.
    edited April 2009
    Welcome indeed you will make an excellent replacement hehe! *Grin*
    edited April 2009
    Welcome aboard, Daeke.
    edited April 2009
    : Raises coffee & smiles :
    edited April 2009
    mispost sorry
    edited April 2009
    Hi again Daeke and welcome good to have you over in #STO also
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:

Gratz on the promotion Awen - it is well deserved. BTW what is your new position - still with STO I imagine, your not jumping ship for the OTHER leotard wearing heroes are you?
    Daeke wrote:
    You heard it here first. My love is extra special.

[Insert Awkward silence here]

Can we return that where applicable? :p
    edited April 2009
    Congrats on the promotion Awen!

"Jolan'tru, aefvadh!" Greetings, and welcome Daeke!
    edited April 2009
    Daeke... speaking of extra special love... can we get a new Ask Cryptic?
    edited April 2009
    Jokes WOOT :D

The world needs more humor! :)
    edited April 2009
    Welcome Daeke!

*cups hands*
    Now to flurry your inbox with Beta and forum moderation requests muahahah....

...jk

I wonder if all those folks on the Awen fan club are gonna jump to the "Daeke" fan club now. O.o
    edited April 2009
    Welcome Daeke, glad to have you aboard can't wait to see you around the fourms. Also congrats Awen on the promotion you deserve it, except all the extra work they gave you. lol
    edited April 2009
    D-ghor wrote: »
    Welcome Daeke, hope you stored up enough Tylonal...I'm sure Awen has a stash dealing with all of us "nut cases".

No offense to the other players...its just..You all are crazy...I'm the only normal person on here.. :D

I accept your compliment.

That should show you what you are in for.
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to the community, Daeke! It is always nice to see new faces around here. And congratulations on the promotion, Awen -- it is well-deserved, I am certain!
    edited April 2009
    Welcome Daeke!

I am CherryTerri ... ST:O's resident fluffy Gorn. I promise only occasional munchings, though I cannot guarantee keeping my cute baby Gorn army at bay. They're wicked with those squirt guns!

Sadly I can't take you seriously until you get yourself a message board icon :p
    edited April 2009
    wingnutf22 wrote: »
    I accept your compliment.

That should show you what you are in for.

I'm not worried, I'm going through Klingon Boot Camp... (ie.. I'm married to a tough woman)
    edited April 2009
    Wow, somehow I totally missed that we had a newbie working the forums. Is this STO preparing for an influx of new people to the forums? Big announcement coming soon? Yes? Yes? *pauses awkwardly hoping this induces a response*

Haha, just playing, glad to see we are in good hands.
    edited April 2009
    Welcome Daeke, just keep your latinum locked down and all should go well.
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the newest member of my team - David "Daeke" Bass. He will be managing the forums for the interim for me. Please welcome him and show him the same kind of respect and generosity of spirit that you have shown me. :)

Ps. No he's not replacing me. *grin* I know you guys worry about that sort of thing.

Puts the pitchfork and torch away. :D

Welcome to the boards Daeke.
    edited April 2009
    Always nice to get a new colleague with a fresh look on things, the rest of the team should be pleased.

Welcome aboard!
    edited April 2009
    Many congratulations to Awen for her promotion! What do you do now Awen?

A great big warm welcome to Daeke from the Unknown :) .... When are you going to get your forum avatar Daeke?

If Awen is Top Banana and Daeke is Second Banana ..... can I be third Banana? :D
    edited April 2009
    Sadly I can't take you seriously until you get yourself a message board icon :p
    A great big warm welcome to Daeke from the Unknown :) .... When are you going to get your forum avatar Daeke?

Forum avatars take a lot of time and thought to use. I need to find one that wholly describes who I am and what I stand for in life. You can't just throw up any old image and say "Hey, look, here's my avatar".

Or it could be that I'm too lazy to find a good image. If anyone has recommendations, I'm open.
    Tamgros wrote: »
    Wow, somehow I totally missed that we had a newbie working the forums. Is this STO preparing for an influx of new people to the forums? Big announcement coming soon? Yes? Yes? *pauses awkwardly hoping this induces a response*

Nah, I'm just here to keep Awen from going crazy. She likes to refer to me as "her little minion". But you can feel free to take my appearance as you will :)