test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug With Fleet Character

System: PS4
PSN: Surface-Warrior
Character: Mok

So, here is the situation, I created a fleet, last year, with my Jem’Hadar character, Marak’Mal.

I added on of my other characters to the fleet, Hammerin’ Hank.

With Marak’Mal, I was able to promote Hammerin’ Hank to provisional officer.

When the DSC characters launched I created Mok. I added Mok to the fleet, as well. My plan was to just advance that character based on fleet credit donations just like the other fleet members.

However, I cannot promote Mok with either of my other characters. I get a notice that I cannot promote myself. (Even though I was able to promote my Hammerin’ Hank character).

So, I created a character on a completely different account & promoted that charcoal to provisional officer.

After the promotion took effect I tried to promote Mok, but I get an error notice that states “Hammerin’ Hank has a higher rank than you.”

The character I’m trying to promote is not Hammerin’ Hank, but the system is registering Mok as Hammerin’ Hank when it comes to promotions.

Mok is only at the first rank. The character on the separate account is at provisional officer. Technically it is the same rank as Hammerin’ Hank.

My fleet permissions are set so that provisional officers can promote to any rank.

I want to submit a trouble tickets on this but I cannot find the link to submit trouble tickets.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    This is a bug that has been reported before with characters being promoted within a fleet when they are offline.
    The only way this works is to have that character online and the promotion works.
    This can be very frustrating when you then need to have two characters online at the same time.
    I really wish they'd fix it.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • surfacewarrior#8890 surfacewarrior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    > @inferiority said:
    > This is a bug that has been reported before with characters being promoted within a fleet when they are offline.
    > The only way this works is to have that character online and the promotion works.
    > This can be very frustrating when you then need to have two characters online at the same time.
    > I really wish they'd fix it.

Wait, I’m confused. So, would I have to have two characters on the same account online, or a character on separate accounts?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Two characters:
    - the one doing the promoting;
    - the one to be promoted.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/