test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Save 15% on Hero Collector Starships!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Waiting for more details on the official Star Trek Online Hero Collector Starships? Just looking to add to your collection? Well we've got good news - use the link below to save 15% on their Star Trek ships, with the code STO15!

It's an Awakening party on #TenForwardWeekly at 4pm PT! We'll be unboxing the Hero Collector Enterprise F, and giving some of those away - and we'll be giving away Kelvin Survival Suits and 50% off C-store Ship Coupons! Tune in!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11251923

Comments

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    I'm pleasantly surprised about the artwork of the Oddyssey, she looks really nice!
    Never was a fan of the design and now i know why.
    If the (in game) ship would look more like in this artwork (much sleeker) it would be one of my favourite designs.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • corlunacorluna Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    yreodred wrote: »
    If the (in game) ship would look more like in this artwork (much sleeker) it would be one of my favourite designs.

But...that image is a photo of the Eaglemoss model based on the actual ingame model, so it isn't sleeker than the original, it is the same. You can replicate that picture by taking a screenshot from the ingame model from the exact same angle. The Odyssey just looks sleek from some angles and massive from others IMHO, and i quite like that, very fitting for a flagship and the successor of the Sovereign.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The Oddy they, Cryptic, displayed on the live stream looked really well done. The more plain one I'm sure is good too, but it lacks the detailing. Cryptic actually gave away a couple of items too this time. It has been like eons since Cryptic was generous in that nature on a live stream. Of course that should be balanced out with all the freebies given in STO. Congrats to the winners, & glad to hear there might be more STO specific ships available in the future.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Hi! If I click Ody-link in the arcticle, the webshop page says 'This item is not eligible for use with promo codes or discounts.'
    Or the discount does not available for EU players?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    stlhee wrote: »
    Hi! If I click Ody-link in the arcticle, the webshop page says 'This item is not eligible for use with promo codes or discounts.'
    Or the discount does not available for EU players?

I saw that too on the Oddy page, however; if you click to purchase it & then apply that code: STO15 it will apply it & show the new price on the order page. I'm in USA &, again, I saw that statement but wanted to test it & it still applied so try that if you want to buy & hopefully it will work for you as well :-)
  • chipito1chipito1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I went ahead and got a little Oddy from them, I'm actually pretty pleased with the detail. That being said, I feel like it would have been better in one of their XL sizes.

Also I didn't get the little sheet that's supposed to have a code for a T5 oddy. Not a huge loss, but still kind of a bummer that I missed out on something.

Well, that and the Klingon D7 that I got in the same order was missing a nacelle, but supposedly a replacement is getting shipped within the coming week, so that's a minor scoff as well