test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Intel Dreadnought Improper Scaling

snowrida#1316 snowrida Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Graphical and Sound Issues
It appears that the new rendering of the Kelvin Intel Dreadnought Cruiser has given it improper scaling compared to its size in the movies. The exaggerated size of the new rendering is inconsistent with the movie ship, and I hope this gets fixed because one of the things I like about STO is how they try to be as accurate as they can regarding the scale of ships in the TV shows and movies. This new ship is way out of scale and looks ridiculous.
Tagged:

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    This is a known issue and is being addressed.
  • snowrida#1316 snowrida Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is a known issue and is being addressed.

Thank you!
    > @chrian#9670 said:
    > This is a known issue and is being addressed.

The update has been completed but it seems that some of the oversized ships have not reverted back to the proper scale.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    The oversize ships will probably need to hit up the starship tailor.
    > @chrian#9670 said:
    > The oversize ships will probably need to hit up the starship tailor.

This could be problematic because it gives some players the option to retain the glitch just for fun, or to stand out amongst the properly scaled Vengeance ships. Now we have two sizes of this particular ship, which makes gameplay appearance somewhat silly.
  • salenferretsalenferret Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I know the devs said this will be/has been fixed, but right now there's some weird graphical issue with the "White Lettering" option. Zoomed out, it doesn't show, but zoomed in, the name and registration shows up. Either the model is messing up when it reduces the pixel count when it zooms out and it's covering the text, or the text is messing up. Either way, it's very annoying, so my ship is taking a nap till it gets fixed.