test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Command Ships of the Kelvin Timeline!

2»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Also, I take something back after further tests: Getting the Kelvin DOES unlock a new material option for the Kelvin ships. Which is surprising since there is a Vanity Shield with the same material.

But since you need to have at least 2 lockbox (or a lobi) ships to make use of the free material unlock, it's not too surprising.

And just for fun, here's how it looks with the updated Vengeance material and the animated turrets:
    20190914154213_1.jpg?raw=1
    20190914154228_1.jpg?raw=1
    20190914154233_1.jpg?raw=1

Also, other visuals:
    20190914155109_1.jpg?raw=1
    20190914155141_1.jpg?raw=1
    20190914155151_1.jpg?raw=1

And the "mushroom gills" visual to celebrate the mushroom-themed expansion:
    20190914155554_1.jpg?raw=1

All 3 versions of your ship look nice! I'll be looking for a YouTube video showing both ships off so I can view & drool. Well done again!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    So romulans can't use either of the ships? :disappointed:
  • nishizawasannishizawasan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Romulans can't use any of the Klingon or Federation specific T6 lockbox or Lobi ships.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Romulans can't use any of the Klingon or Federation specific T6 lockbox or Lobi ships.
    Yes, they can. See also: Every Discovery lockbox ever.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    All 3 versions of your ship look nice! I'll be looking for a YouTube video showing both ships off so I can view & drool. Well done again!
    Thanks!
    Actually, though, it's 4 versions as the visuals used are the Vengeance 2, the TOS Connie 0, the type 7 and the Bajoran shield.

Also, the devs went with the ridiculous "the Kelvin held more than 800 people onboard" thing given by the movie, so it's slightly bigger than a Galaxy-class.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Thanks!
    Actually, though, it's 4 versions as the visuals used are the Vengeance 2, the TOS Connie 0, the type 7 and the Bajoran shield.

Also, the devs went with the ridiculous "the Kelvin held more than 800 people onboard" thing given by the movie, so it's slightly bigger than a Galaxy-class.

That sounds about right for Kelvin ships, they all have a bad case of Star Wars bloat (including the Kelvin itself) if you go by the official lengths. On the other hand, if they actually are that bloated the "windows" do not align with any reasonable height decks.