test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is your favourite captain and why

2»

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    Benjiman Sisko
    "...the commander of Deep Space Nine... and the Emissary of the Prophets. Decorated combat officer, widower, father, mentor and...oh, yes, the man who started the war with the Dominion."

Sums him up quite nicely though what sets him over Kirk for me is the fact that he was father (an active one though Kirk's absence from David's life was at Carol's request) and the show air at a time when I lost my own. I loved his interactions with Jake Plus he can sing. :p
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    Benjiman Sisko
    "...the commander of Deep Space Nine... and the Emissary of the Prophets. Decorated combat officer, widower, father, mentor and...oh, yes, the man who started the war with the Dominion."

Sums him up quite nicely though what sets him over Kirk for me is the fact that he was father (an active one though Kirk's absence from David's life was at Carol's request) and the show air at a time when I lost my own. I loved his interactions with Jake Plus he can sing. :p

I completely forgot about the whole singing part and well my name is actually "Jake" too so Sisko always holds a special place in my Trek Core as it were just for that fact.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > "...the commander of Deep Space Nine... and the Emissary of the Prophets. Decorated combat officer, widower, father, mentor and...oh, yes, the man who started the war with the Dominion."
    >
    > Sums him up quite nicely though what sets him over Kirk for me is the fact that he was father (an active one though Kirk's absence from David's life was at Carol's request) and the show air at a time when I lost my own. I loved his interactions with Jake Plus he can sing. :p

At point I would have said Picard but after having my sun and rewatching ds9 I have to go with Sisko. A lot of his character was lost on me until I became a dad. Also hes one of the few captains I think the audience got to 'know" from all aspects.