test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Command the Discovery Era Enterprise and D7!

15678911»

Comments

• jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store.

Please consider this.

Actually, they did consider it. The community manager said they knew how much people wanted these ships in the store, did some research into sales numbers, and found that C-store sales vs lockbox ship sales aren't even comparable. They would have made so much less money they couldn't justify putting it in the store.

If this is true, then that doesn't make any sense anyway. Lockbox ships are usually far better in terms of their stats. and traits etc. so they should sell better than the regular C-store ships. In any case, how can they possibly know how well a ship will sell in the c-store, when they've never tried it with a ship so popular and high spec.?

Maybe the best idea, moving forward, would be for Cryptic to test the water, by offering a premium ship in the c-store at an appropriate zen price, and see how it goes. If they don't make as much money, then fine, carry on with lockboxes.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    jtkirk15 wrote: »
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store.

Please consider this.

Actually, they did consider it. The community manager said they knew how much people wanted these ships in the store, did some research into sales numbers, and found that C-store sales vs lockbox ship sales aren't even comparable. They would have made so much less money they couldn't justify putting it in the store.

If this is true, then that doesn't make any sense anyway. Lockbox ships are usually far better in terms of their stats. and traits etc. so they should sell better than the regular C-store ships. In any case, how can they possibly know how well a ship will sell in the c-store, when they've never tried it with a ship so popular and high spec.?

Maybe the best idea, moving forward, would be for Cryptic to test the water, by offering a premium ship in the c-store at an appropriate zen price, and see how it goes. If they don't make as much money, then fine, carry on with lockboxes.

This is something I hear a lot, that Lock Box ships are so much higher end then C-Store ships, and I don't really see where people get that from.

Sure, some ships have some cool mechanics or dual specs, but power wise they're actually quite in line with C-Store offerings. The Gagarin/Qugh and the Jem Hardar Vanguard Warship for example are 2 of the absolute top ships in the game and they're both C-Store. They're right on par with the most powerful lock box ships (Tzenkethi Tzen-Tar and the Vaadwaur Juggernaut.)

I see no reason to think that just putting a 'super powerful' ship in the C-Store will cause it to sell off the charts. They already have these ships available, so the numbers are available. Something like the Constitution or the D7 will obviously sell higher then any of these ships for their iconic appeal, but the fact is that people spend hundreds trying to gamble for ships that are highly desirable. There is just no way that C-Store sales can ever hope to compete with that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not endorsing the idea of gamble boxes, I am with you in wishing that everything in the game was available in the C-Store. I simply understand why things are the way that they are.. the fact is that they will never make the type of money from a C-Store item that they would off a gamble box. The real problem here isn't Cryptic, it's the fact that there is a small subset of players willing to spend any amount to get what they want. Until that stops, you will still see ships like the Discovery Constitution limited to Gamble Boxes. Your one time $30 purchase just doesn't stack up against the guy/girl that spends hundreds trying to get a ship or multiple ships for their characters.

Until those people stop throwing cash at gamble boxes, the system won't change.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They're in such a mood to experiment with Events and how they are run, what they give, and what the cost for a buyout is, that they could do the same with what becomes a C-Store Ship as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store. I bet that at least 90% of the players want to command these versions of legendary ships, and the chance to earn them by opening an R&D pack is really low, so we waste loads of Zen.
    And please add the Kelvin timeline ships to the C-store as well, because these ships deserve to be available for everyone too.
    And one last thought: Certain items become available in Dilithium Store because someone buys or earns a ship or completes an event. For those who missed the events or couldn't buy the certain great stuff, the items should be available for a certain amount of Dilithium. Otherwise what's the point in calling it a store. Please consider this.

If my post appears twice accidentaly, I'm sorry, I had to repost it as the the forum site doesn't like if a post is reedited too much within a certain time.

Thank You for developing this game.

Do you understand this, Arc Games & Cryptic Studios? We want that ship, not excuses. "Resistance is futile."
    seven_rifle.jpg
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    All we want is an equal chance to obtain this variant of the Constitution-class vessel. The way you're handling it is anything but equal. latest?cb=20190419222758&path-prefix=en
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.