test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see a mission to go to Prime Altamid? Maybe face off with Prime Krall?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I guess they talked about this on the live stream that maybe not all the technology and stuff comes from the Kelvin timeline but maybe taken from Primes Version of Altamid. I would really like to go there and have a quest or two involving it. Would be cool to see Yorktown but given the timeline and the advanced nature of Yorktown in Star Trek Beyond. Only reason why it might exist within the Kelvin reality is because of Neros starship and the scans taken as the Kelvin was destoryed allowing Starfleet the knowledge of how to build such massive starbase structures in such a short period of time. So it would be cool to see prime York Town but if not would be epic if we can go to Altamid ourselves and maybe desicover for ourselves the Events that happened with the Franklin. Would you like to see this? Yes or no?

Now for those that have not seen Beyond and don't know who Krall is. Hes an interesting Villian of the film and has a much more personal reason for hating the federation. He has a technology that allows him to energy absorb dna to extend out his livespan, basically taking their lifeforce and add to his own and dna through the absorption changes his appearance. So if he takes enough life energy from a human he looks like a human but if he does this to several ferengi he would then appear more like a ferengi. Anyways what makes him so dangerous is he also has managed to control of a drone work force with space craft with technology that makes them act like a coordinated swarm which in itself allows them to do all kinds of things like appearing to be one massive ship only to go all apart and cause massive damage to starships. This is just an example of what these ships of his could do. But had a weakness to subspace radio or loud music. So if you wanted to destory them all one has to do is blast subspace radio or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaq5h52VNAo
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Would you like to see a mission to go to Prime Altamid? Maybe face off with Prime Krall? 31 votes

Yes
48%
garaks31chipg7reyan01lordsteve1tera117doe#7909ioneonkekvinvampeiyrestarswordccyriscotyler002zorel#5360stardestroyer3lordmerc22cptgamer#8560 15 votes
No
35%
crypticarmsmanarabaturseaofsorrowsmainasirsitsalotthay8472salazarrazeiamjmphnixbooxdikironiumcaptkelly31#5645 11 votes
Other
16%
seriousdavekaggert27tm706redeyedravensthe91 5 votes

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Other
    I dunno if there's a point to go to "Prime Altamid". Did the Franklin even crash there in "our" timeline? Does the black goo weapon exist in our timeline?
    As for the Yorktown station, that's pretty much a kelvin thing supposedly caused by Nero. TOS did not have that kind of space cities and when you try to jump it forward to our time it's really nothing that special, like a fancy ESD. I mean we've got dyson sphere's and stuff and by now even those are kinda old news.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I dunno if there's a point to go to "Prime Altamid". Did the Franklin even crash there in "our" timeline? Does the black goo weapon exist in our timeline?
    As for the Yorktown station, that's pretty much a kelvin thing supposedly caused by Nero. TOS did not have that kind of space cities and when you try to jump it forward to our time it's really nothing that special, like a fancy ESD. I mean we've got dyson sphere's and stuff and by now even those are kinda old news.

I'd imagine there wasn't much of a difference with the events of Enterpise within the kelvin timeline other then the Enterprise E never happened to cause the events of Regeneration. So basically the events of Regeneration and maybe the events of temporal cold war were different. But otherwise I imagine it was the same up until Neros arrival in the 23rd century. It is possible Krall happened in the Prime Timeline. As well because I imagine there wasn't much of a difference that caused it not to happen in the prime. As Krall does mention the xindi and romulan wars. Something that did happen in the Enterprise tv show. Since the Nero timeline change does change all other future time travel things. There could be a possiblity that Krall didn't exist within the Prime because of this. So It can't fully rule that out. Either way those drone ships and that drone work force does exist in the prime. Franklin that is debatable maybe it did maybe it didn't. If cryptic ever does it. Maybe they could work something out to determine if it did or not. Besides I imagine that Krall might hate the federation but I imagine the alliance with Romulans and the alliance would drive him more bonkers then he already was in star trek beyond if he was still around since Kirk and the team wasn't there to stop him.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Franklin definitely crashed there as said event predates the timeline change. The Franklin disappeared in 2164. The timeline change occurred 2233.

And no reason 'Prime' Starfleet couldn't have a space station/Starbase (of a more familiar design) in the same location as Yorktown is in the KT.

Well it would be kinda cool if they had a watchtower class starbase like Vanguard near the area. Doesn't have to be the yorktown type. https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Watchtower_class Doesn't mean it can't have a starbase near the area. But would it be the same type of starbase is the question. Me I would totally try and get the rights to use the Vanguard design since its a cool 23rd century design. Or use some other design because without Nero and the advanced Technologies that allowed his vessel to be how it was. I'd think they would have a far more simple starbase design with a 23rd century retro style look. Doesn't mean they couldn't construct a large starbase but the materials plus the ships needed to make such a thing. I don't think would be within the 23rd centuries capability realistically. Not without some serious technological advantages that allowed it with ships of the 26th century.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Other
    I would like to visit Altamid and have something INTERESTING to do there.

As much as I liked Beyond, Krall was really one of the weakest parts. Serviceable (for general popcorn-to-face-audiences), but uninteresting.

For example, you could have an Episode about going there, but subspace/quantum-shenanigans shift the player into the Kelvin-verse while en-route with nobody noticing and you find the crashed hull of the Enterprise and whatever.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    In the Prime Timeline the Franklin is still listed as MIA.

Would be interesting to see Prime Altamid.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yes
    I've no doubt the environment team could make an awesome looking map based off those film visuals so i'd say absolutely take us there.
    Could be an interesting mission along the lines of Echoes of Light I guess, but the only issue being we sorta know who the bad guys are already!
    Could be an interesting way to bring the Franklin into the game, get us to go and dig the old girl out of the dirt in a mission and get the ship as a reward.
    SulMatuul.png
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Other
    rattler2 wrote: »
    In the Prime Timeline the Franklin is still listed as MIA.

Would be interesting to see Prime Altamid.

It'd be kinda funny if there'd be a mix-up. Like the planet is somehow "quantum-shifting" and to the player's confusion they'd have to deal with sometimes seeing the Franklin (PT), sometimes the hull of the Enterprise (KT). It could be super-weird, super-messed up but super-fun.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Personally, I prefer Altoids instead. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer Altoids instead. :)

Black licorice flavored Altoids are the superfood of the Altoid group. :smile:
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Yes
    I'm down for anything KT-related. For all the ups and downs of the current trilogy, there's definitely cool stuff to bring into STO.

I'm just waiting for those ST:Beyond uniforms, tbh. But with the survival jacket now a thing, the Kelvin herself being available, updates to the Vengeance... I think it's safe to say that the KT is on the drawing board somehow.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What about Prime Optimus? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Other
    ltminns wrote: »
    What about Prime Optimus? :)

Wrong franchise lol
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.