test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFF Rarity Incorrect

Bought a 'very rare' (purple) Gorn Engineering BOFF from the exchange. The text on the candidates screen was purple but once commissioned the BOFF became 'rare' (blue) with blue text on the status screen and a blue symbol on the inventory side bar. Thought maybe I'd just made a mistake so bought another 'very rare' Gorn BOFF from the exchange only for the same thing to occur.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    You've stumbled across an issue that's as old as the game itself.

"Boff rarity" is only an indicator of the boff's traits and dosen't really do much itself. Not influencing stats, boff powers or anything so the rarity itself dosen't really matter.

Wth that out of the way, quality goes like this:
    2x standard traits, 2x superior traits = very rare (purple)
    1x basic trait, 2x standard traits, 1x superior trait = rare (blue)
    etc.

Some races have predetermined traits which don't fall into the basic/standard/superior scheme and are just treated as a certain category which results in a incorrect display of rarity when they're not commisioned (fully generated) yet.
    Like Gorn have 3 such fixed traits so they only have 1 slot that actually can have a "superior" trait. That means even if the assignment was good enough to produce a boff with 2 superior traits (purple boff) you'll only ever get a blue gorn because there's no room for a 2nd superior trait.
    There's like 2 or 3 such cases but Gorn is like the most popular race of them, don't remember the others.
  • victus#4945 victus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ah right, that makes sense, thank you very much for your help. I mainly wanted a very rare Gorn just to get purple across the board so it looks nice and makes me feel special, but I suppose if I know my little blue boy is as good as he can be then I'll cope!! Thanks again for the information :)