test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STAR TREK DiSCOVERY] | SEASON TWO |

1656667686971»

Comments

• starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Don't know how many would agree, but I feel those are deserved nominations. Sound design especially, that moment when the Ba'ul contacted Discovery was a stand-out moment in the season for me.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    it's a Novel
    Season 2 is some of the best trek I've seen in years. Its well diserved
  • julliemak#1519 julliemak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It is getting old having Michael at the front and center of EVERYTHING. Give us a Detmer & Owosekun episode! A Saru & Hugh episode or a Bryce & Stamets episode!. https://nethercraft.net/
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    It is getting old having Michael at the front and center of EVERYTHING. Give us a Detmer & Owosekun episode! A Saru & Hugh episode or a Bryce & Stamets episode!. https://nethercraft.net/

While I don't usually comment on zombie threads, I will make an exception and address this just because I don't think it has been talked about exactly this way before here.

On other boards it is often pointed out that is apparently part of the format change Moonves wanted to separate it from the traditional Treks (which he hates, especially TOS), and while he is gone from CBS the die was already cast for DSC.

Trek traditionally had a sort of semi-ensemble cast (which got more ensemble along the way) while action movies, the format Moonves wanted, tend to have a single hero, so Burnham was made that singular action hero character for the show. Ensemble casts work best for dramas and comedies but are often considered to be too cluttering for action movies (which as the name says is driven by action, not drama and dialog) plus those movies tend to come off as a joke without a singular lead if they are not carefully written (which is not a strong point for Kurtzman's team).

@rattler2, here be zombies!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Zombie confirmed.
    *Casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.