test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'The big dig' and 'Breaking the planet' still being offered to the player.

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The PVE missions "The big dig" and "Breaking the planet" was removed from the game, but the daily missions are still being offered by Admiral Grigori Yanishev... Another part of the game that was not properly updated... This will most likely be VERY confusing for new players who are looking for a way to earn Dilithium etc, being offered a mission that no longer exists in the game.

I really wish Star Trek Online could bring in a better system for testing and routines they go through when releasing and changing content, since these kind of bugs and mishaps seem to happen a lot lately.

xps0gRw.png
Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    To note, the U.S.S. Phlox is still sending out a general distress call in the Rator Sector in close proximity to the Chulan System. This needs to be disabled or removed, since this is regarding the mission "The big dig."
    edited April 2019
    This is a bug to this very day, and to make matters worse the missions are also being offered on my Romulan (Federation allied) character, but on that character Starbase 24 is also being offered. This is some sloppy work... Offering missions to the player that are removed from the game makes for a bad gaming experience for new players. Come on Cryptic, get it together.

1g96D8v.png
    Still a issue to this day.
  • andr3j#7673 andr3j Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you OP for bringing this matter up, just as You predicted as a new player I had really hard time found out that I`ll not be able to finish those missions, just like Starbase 24. So sad that months passed and the devs still did not remove them even tho they said it is removed till further notice.
    Yeah, it's still a problem. But the developers are too lazy to do anything about it. So.
  • chronosphaenonchronosphaenon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still an issue, also Yanishevs still offers Starbase 24 and Slowing the Expeditionary Force. I've seen them both with a Fed and a Rom/Fed alts.

Still, there is a bug with the Starfleet tutorial freezing, reported since circa 2010 and still alive, so, Yanishev's is probably waaaaay down on the priorities list.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    There's an awful lot of content been removed over the years that just didn't need to be removed at all.
    In my opinion, Big Dig was one of them. :(
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited November 2019
    Still a problem to this day, both 'The big dig' and 'Breaking the planet' are still being offered to the player..

xps0gRw.png
  • lenonnlenonn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yep, still being offered. They really need to fix this or add the missions back into the game.