test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allies using JHD Vanguard BOs - What about Romulan Bundle BOs?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
Now that you can soon use both mini faction's ships... you can already use Vanguard BOs that came with the Gamma Expan. What about the Romulan BOs that came bundled with the Romulan Expan? For parity's sake... shouldnt allies be allowed to use those as well :) Just saying...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Given the reason people a lot of players play romulans now is because of the bonus they can get plus the fact they can get more stuff for Admiralty as another factor. To keep the faction unique I think it would be wise to make it so only they can use such bridge officers. The selling point for the faction is the opness of their bridge officers. If they opened those up that is basically all that most of the the dps chasers would basically use. They would throw away whatever bridge officers they are using and just go for a bridge full of Sros. expect most federation and kdf ships to have stations maned by romulans because of this trait. For that reason plus to make the romulan faction unique and keep people playing them. I'd think it would be wise if they kept normal feds and kdf from using them. Could even take away the sro from the embassy bridge officer and make it a romulan faction only trait but that would get players so upset so I don't think they should do that.
    Oops I thought you were talking about the ones that come with the faction. I don't know what the romulan faction ones do exactly. Do they come with Sros? If they don't then I can see them maybe doing it. If it comes with that trait then I don't think they should be cross faction. *Shrugs* I'm not really a dps chasers. but I considered putting in some sros for my latest romulan character. I guess it does help with damage.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Now that you can soon use both mini faction's ships... you can already use Vanguard BOs that came with the Gamma Expan. What about the Romulan BOs that came bundled with the Romulan Expan? For parity's sake... shouldnt allies be allowed to use those as well :) Just saying...

The Liberated Borg Reman Tactical officer? I can't see what harm it would do. I don't think that I would claim him on a non-Romulan, but if people want him, why not?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Yeah, let's have even more Boffs to make our Starfleet crews look like a disorganized rabble who don't even know how uniforms work.

I wouldn't mind having those Boffs useable, but they wouldn't have the correct uniform options for a Federation-claimed Boff. They intentionally screwed up the Vanguard Jem'Hadar Boffs, so why would these be any better?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'd love the delta pack roms for my fed/jem/kdf characters but I con totally see why this is a bad idea. Giving everyone access to full SRO rosters on top of the ability to fly warbirds and being spared from the haunting that is Tovan Khev would kill any reason to play romulans.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Of course they should.

Although to be honest, the borg reman boff from the Legacy pack is garbage and I don't even use it on my romulans.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I'd love the delta pack roms for my fed/jem/kdf characters but I con totally see why this is a bad idea. Giving everyone access to full SRO rosters on top of the ability to fly warbirds and being spared from the haunting that is Tovan Khev would kill any reason to play romulans.

What is wrong with Tovan? he is my official shuttlecraft boff on both my Romulan and my Reman
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

What is wrong with Tovan? he is my official shuttlecraft boff on both my Romulan and my Reman

I think one of the issue's players have is hes not an SRO.
    Most federation captains npc ones would want bridge officers that have the ideals of the federation in mind or other qualities, while a lot of non npcs aka Player captains want bridge officers that are best at making their enemies go boom faster. So those dps chasers want the best of the very best and if they can't have that they just dismise or airlock them to replace them with those that have the boom them faster qualities not all the time but I imagine it would be more common if romulan bridge officers with sro to them were far easier to get for the other factions. So yeah kinda harsh to the andorian or bolion or vulcan bridge officers but that is how the dps chase is. If they opened up Sro Romulans besides the embassy ones to the kdf and federation. Captain of U.S.S Whatever or I.ks. Destroyer of Foe would take kick their personal friendships they have to those bridge officers to the side dismise them and replace them with Romulan Sros for every bridge station on their ships.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

I think one of the issue's players have is hes not an SRO.

Yes, that is part of the problem. Also many people find him rather annoying in the story and he pretty much ruins it for you if you wanna build your crew around a theme or something. Like, I've got a reman with a purely reman crew (which is quite a pain to get thanks to the rarirty of their recruitment missions) and there he is, wasting space in my active roster and ruining my thing.
  • Options

You can't dismiss him. That's enough.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

You can't dismiss him. That's enough.

they should make it so you can but only after you have completed ALL the Romulan Storyline Arcs. We have Accolades now to show you completing each arc. So it shouldnt be too difficult to allow you to delete/dismiss BOFF if you have XYZ Accolade.
  • Options
    sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    would kill any reason to play romulans.
    There's always the reason of female hairstyles, that aren't available for any other faction, although I agree that that's rather arbitrary.

Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
    I don't think there needs to be any other reason to play any specific origin story, besides playing the origin story.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    With everyone being able to access most Warbirds soon, the last good, unique thing to the Roms are their BOFFs and Traits. The LOR pack with those BOFFs are the best set of Space Traits for general combat in the game, IMO. Once everyone can access that, there is no reason to go for this faction. You can claim the best of what the Roms are about with your standard KDF / Fed characters.

Take the faction's ships.
    Take the faction's best BOFFs.
    Take the faction's great traits.

No reason for Roms.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    playing a rom will always be better than a fed/kdf for the reason of the traits. you as a player get romulan op. fed/kdf can not get that. you also get boffs with sro. even if you can get the rom bo bundle from rom expan and delta expan... that is limited. the other bridge officers will need to be other races. roms can get ALL bridge officers as SRO.

i think they need to revamp the BOs.

From white to Epic grade BOs should be added.

White = Common
    Green = Uncommon - 1 basic trait
    Blue = Rare - 1 basic, 1 Sup Trait
    Purple = Very Rare - 2 Sup Traits
    Violet = Ultra Rare - 3 Sup Traits
    Gold = Epic - 4 Sup Traits

I think in the Embassy you can get BOs with 3 maybe 4 Sup Traits? Some BOs in the Bundles have 3 Sup Traits, maybe 4? not that those traits as what I would want...

If I could choose traits... I would have a ground team all Epic with ground traits. and a Dedicated BO crew for Space Traits.

So yeah SRO is good, but only for space. STO is both ground and space elements.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    With everyone being able to access most Warbirds soon, the last good, unique thing to the Roms are their BOFFs and Traits. The LOR pack with those BOFFs are the best set of Space Traits for general combat in the game, IMO. Once everyone can access that, there is no reason to go for this faction. You can claim the best of what the Roms are about with your standard KDF / Fed characters.

No reason for Roms.

So...same as the kdf then?

We are the Federation. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your traits will adapt to service us.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

No reason for Roms.

As mentioned above, the Legacy Pack just comes with the Liberated Borg Reman Tactical officer, which really has nothing special as far as traits go. Perhaps you're thinking of the officers that Romulans get from the Delta Operations Pack. I would argue against letting Feds or Klingons pick Romulan versions of those BOffs, as they have their own versions.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »

No reason for Roms.

As mentioned above, the Legacy Pack just comes with the Liberated Borg Reman Tactical officer, which really has nothing special as far as traits go. Perhaps you're thinking of the officers that Romulans get from the Delta Operations Pack. I would argue against letting Feds or Klingons pick Romulan versions of those BOffs, as they have their own versions.

Rom Pack has it's own... once you get that you move on to the Delta pack... it's more reasonable for incremental gains. =p once precedent is set... but as Fed/KDF you can use JHD Vanguard BOs and use their ships... stands to reason once you can use Rom ships...
This discussion has been closed.