test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S31 "Heavy Rifle" range

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
You guys really sure do like nerfing things in the most dumbassiest of ways. A 'rifle' with a range shorter than pistols and most kit modules? At least rename it to "CQB rifle" or something.

If it really is about keeping it from being OP, then maybe keep the range at the standard 35m for rifles, but "Shield Pen effect only procs at 20m", or put a range restriction on the secondary.
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I dont recall this rifle having any shield pen.. I use it on my dsc toon and find it very fun to use in Sompek. Really love the secondary for a front to back beam on the Queen bugs :P

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Whatever, the pen may have been a buff. Doesn't matter. The range is still stupid.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I dont recall this rifle having any shield pen...
    Correct. From my reading of the reference material, I understand that the proc effect is two-pronged: shield drain (similar to the destab-tetryon, but instant...which, now that I think about it, just sounds like the basic tetryon proc) and hardness (resistance) reduction (similar to Vaadwaur-polaron). And given that the longarms in both of those flavors have the standard ranges, the fact of this weapon being outranged by pistols demands an explanation.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Like I said, I misread and took the pen from the rifle butt attack. That doesn't matter. It's a rifle with pulsewave range. That's the issue.
  • nightside#8350 nightside Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I completely agree with the "CQB" tag on any "rifle" with exceptionally short range. This is a reasonable modification with only cosmetic text and merely informs the user "this weapon has terrible range", but its still "cool" because people think CQB SBRs are cool. 7" M4 shooting .300 blackout subsonic rounds? 7" .22LR M&P? Sure, it has like 1/4th the penetration, 1/4th the velocity, and does half the damage with 1/5th the range, BUUUT... its KEWL. XD