test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade Weekend

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
My body inventory is ready.

What are y'all upgrading this weekend? I picked up a full set of TWOK-era ship phasers and equipped my ground team with assault phasers. Lots of work to do on those.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I reworked my Sarcophagus(main ship) equipment a week ago since things from the newer rep where better and changed the normal omni with an integrity linked too. So I got to upgrade a full discovery space set(not weapons), an RCS + hull % console and an integrity linked omni disruptor
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I used to NEED my stuff get to epic but now I'm just happy to get a couple Ultra Rares as I get them to Mk XV. I see all the epic stuff in my bank that I don't use anymore and think; "Why did I put so much resources into those?" When I know I'm just gonna get a new set of pew pews when the next flavor of the month comes out. :D

I'll just use my phoenix upgrades & hope for quality procs at low %s and not waste tons of dil &/or EC.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I have a couple of parked captains with mark 14 gear so I'll get them to 15. I usually settle for UR for beams and cannons though I sometimes give in to gambling fever and get a few things to Epic.

At least once you reach 15 UR the epic chance increases slightly for every 4? Phoenix upgrades you burn, so it does happen eventually.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Yeah, have to agree. Epic stuff is great, but I'm happy with UR. If I get an Epic by chance, that's a bonus.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I don't try to get myself epic stuff, it is a waste of ressources and dangerous for mental health :p the percentage of getting epic is too low. when I need an epic stuff, I bought it in the exchange. I was disgusted by the omega upgrades, so i stopped to waste my time.

this upgrade WE is interesting, I have finished my rom plasma build. But I'm going to stop creating builds; this game is not alt friendly at all. everything costs my 2 arms and the arms of my girlfriend.

the need of this kind of event shows that there is something wrong with this game. they should encourage players to play, and not to wait events.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    I don't try to get myself epic stuff, it is a waste of ressources and dangerous for mental health :p the percentage of getting epic is too low. when I need an epic stuff, I bought it in the exchange. I was disgusted by the omega upgrades, so i stopped to waste my time.

this upgrade WE is interesting, I have finished my rom plasma build. But I'm going to stop creating builds; this game is not alt friendly at all. everything costs my 2 arms and the arms of my girlfriend.

the need of this kind of event shows that there is something wrong with this game. they should encourage players to play, and not to wait events.

Actually this game is quite alt-friendly except for certain stuff, I personally spend more time on my main, now trying to get my Delta Recruit as caught up as possible. I agree you do not necessarily need all epic but it does not hurt. I do not see what is wrong with having an Upgrade Weekend. They already encourage players to play as well as having an event going on when they are playing, lots of MMOs have events. I do not see the issue you are seeing. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    the event is not wrong, but personally i parked 3 of my toons waiting for the event, and so i don't have play with them (because the cost of the upgrades is too expensive). this is what i wanted to say. it's sad to have to wait an event. :)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I'm with you on that approach, I no longer seek the Mk XV Epic or bust anymore. I'll do the VR Mk XV & hope, usually with no reward, for a Mk XV UR or Epic. I'm not sure if Cryptic is intentionally trying to hinder players that use a lot of "alt" characters, but there does seem to be some distance between when that, "the account is the player," statement paraphrased & now. I also think that this upgrade event was way too long coming for this rotation, at least it seemed so. There's a lot shuffling around with STO these days though so easy to lose track of time lol.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You don't 'have' to wait for upgrade weekend, it's just the most efficient way to do it.

Personally, I don't upgrade anything, ever.. unless it's an upgrade weekend. The reason I do it this way though is because I tend to upgrade far more then the 'typical' player. I am always changing out builds and swapping in new gear and I like to keep everything 'gold and shiny.' I don't really blame Cryptic for the fact that I have to wait for upgrade weekends, it's pretty much a condition of my own creation. I do however, wish that these weekends were more frequent, we only seem to get one every 3-4 months and that's not quite enough in my opinion.

As for today, spent about 900 kits total.. happy with the results. I obviously did several characters and pushed the items to Gold Rarity. It's not cheap!

Have a few more small things to do later this weekend, but the big stuff is all done. At least until they change stuff around again.. so a couple weeks tops. I am already saving up for the next one. :lol:

Insert witty signature line here.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    don't worry, eventually cryptic STO will eliminate upgrade weekends just like cryptic NWO eliminated their version - and they'll use the same lame-TRIBBLE excuse too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I think I burned the midnight oil on upgrades yesterday a bit.

Core elements were the new Disco Rep EV Suit on all toons and some weapons changes to Tommy Gun, Spiral Wave Disruptors and Phaser on secodary characters. Some of the other Disco Rep gear was upgraded where it fits. On one character I even upgraded the old Omega Ground set as I got impressed by the team supporting elements for the Bug Bowl. Cool we have so many boffs that can make use of such secondary gear choices so the stuff does not consume space. That was my to do list I made in advance so I don't forget anything:

Neela: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Omega Armor, Omega Shield, Omega Weapon

Zarlotte: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

K’ris: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Prevailing Fortified Warp Core, 5 x Phaser Locater, 2 x Colony Tac consoles, Gamma console, Gamma phaser turret, Terran Phaser DHC, CC Phaser Turret, Quad Phaser, Sensor Linked Phaser DC

Connor: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Imp: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Disco Quantum Torp, Disco DBB

Halo: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Telora: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Cabal: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun

Chameleon: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun

Peter: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays, Terran Dis DHC, CC cosole, CC Turret, Dis Quad Cannons

V’Nah: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Dual Cannons, Spiral Wave Turret, BIC, hyper cap shield

First: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Discovery Rep Shield, Discovery Rep Warp Core

Thanks to the recent Phoenix event and the Upgrade conditions it was not costly (and I have countelss phoenix upgraders left over) but it still took some time to do including re-rolls on the weapons.

Think after 3 hours I collapsed to bed and will use the rest of the weekend to earn some EC.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Core elements were the new Disco Rep EV Suit on all toons and some weapons changes to Tommy Gun, Spiral Wave Disruptors and Phaser on secodary characters. Some of the other Disco Rep gear was upgraded where it fits. On one character I even upgraded the old Omega Ground set as I got impressed by the team supporting elements for the Bug Bowl. Cool we have so many boffs that can make use of such secondary gear choices so the stuff does not consume space. That was my to do list I made in advance so I don't forget anything:

Neela: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Omega Armor, Omega Shield, Omega Weapon

K’ris: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Prevailing Fortified Warp Core, 5 x Phaser Locater, 2 x Colony Tac consoles, Gamma console, Gamma phaser turret, Terran Phaser DHC, CC Phaser Turret, Quad Phaser, Sensor Linked Phaser DC

Peter: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays, Terran Dis DHC, CC cosole, CC Turret, Dis Quad Cannons

V’Nah: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Dual Cannons, Spiral Wave Turret, BIC, hyper cap shield

First: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Discovery Rep Shield, Discovery Rep Warp Core

Thanks to the recent Phoenix event and the Upgrade conditions it was not costly (and I have countelss phoenix upgraders left over) but it still took some time to do including re-rolls on the weapons.

Think after 3 hours I collapsed to bed and will use the rest of the weekend to earn some EC.

Your list looks very similar to mine.. a lot of EV suits and Thompson Submachine Guns.

I also did some Omega sets for BoFFS.

Most costly was probably taking all my advanced phasers on my Discoprise to Mark XV Epic.. but it was worth it. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Your list looks very similar to mine.. a lot of EV suits and Thompson Submachine Guns.

I also did some Omega sets for BoFFS.

Most costly was probably taking all my advanced phasers on my Discoprise to Mark XV Epic.. but it was worth it. :smile:

Yea, very rare guns to upgrade especially in larger quantities feels like the toughest job at that front.
    I used the ultimates I had for this task here but all in all doing it now with phoenix is the way to go.

Rest assured they are best call to make for phaser beams. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I upgraded all mission reward and reputation award impulse engines so far. About two dozen separate engines to Epic quality. Most of them were already at Ultra Rare. But roughly 230 upgrades later have a sea of god.

Now need to do several weapons and shield systems :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Initially was going to not bother as before, but got annoyed having to select between my Fed Sci or Rom Fed-aligned Tac mains since I enjoy science career the most along with warbirds, so got a bunch of stuff on my Rom Fed-aligned Sci:
    - elite fleet phasers for shield tank build with phaser vulnerability locators
    - a bunch of reputation shields to test out and more rep gear
    - dyson rep 4-piece space set
    - got a whole bunch of consoles to epic to squeeze out the ShHP, EPG, CrtH, and Dmg res since the tiny differences add up

If only Roms would have received more ships back in the day as now, I'd probably have the Rom Sci as a main, but it was rough with only the Ha'nom and Dysons for the longest time.

With all factions getting access to the very first warbird, I do wonder if over time all warbirds will become available except those faction-unique. This game's just really punishing having to select which character to unlock char-bound ships and their starship traits and consoles to.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Initially was going to not bother as before, but got annoyed having to select between my Fed Sci or Rom Fed-aligned Tac mains since I enjoy science career the most along with warbirds, so got a bunch of stuff on my Rom Fed-aligned Sci:
    - elite fleet phasers for shield tank build with phaser vulnerability locators
    - a bunch of reputation shields to test out and more rep gear
    - dyson rep 4-piece space set
    - got a whole bunch of consoles to epic to squeeze out the ShHP, EPG, CrtH, and Dmg res since the tiny differences add up

If only Roms would have received more ships back in the day as now, I'd probably have the Rom Sci as a main, but it was rough with only the Ha'nom and Dysons for the longest time.

With all factions getting access to the very first warbird, I do wonder if over time all warbirds will become available except those faction-unique. This game's just really punishing having to select which character to unlock char-bound ships and their starship traits and consoles to.

My Romulan is actually a Sci and while I got other ships too I use a LOT the sci multi mission tactical warbird
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have almost blown through about 300 Phoenix and 5 Ultimates on one Character. Reenginering can end up being a Dilitium pit as well. After almost every one of these I end up feeling like this. :)'

https://youtu.be/TlvKydE0EVA
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I was happy with my results. I got everything on my main to at least UR (with a couple Epics where they popped!), and I have enough pre-crafted upgrades to finish the things I want to on my TFO-level alts. Just gotta wait for more dil to refine. Either that or I'll sell the crafted upgrades before the weekend ends.

Obvs I didn't spend a lot on Phoenix boxes, but even then I was able get shy of 200 Phoenix tech upgrades.
This discussion has been closed.