test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with bug-report function on tribble, and maybe on holodeck...?

stenor#4573 stenor Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Says profanity detected in title when trying to submit a report, no matter what's in the title.
Another time, after a lengthy writeup, the service was "unavailable" and thus simply discarding everything I typed.

On holodeck last few in-game bug reports seemed to have got lost somewhere, as I never got any response.
I had to contact by email to get my issue resolved.

And obviously, since I started playing in 2016, the in-game bug reporting system has never been able to search other reported issues like it leads you to believe.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    First, was there profanity in the title? If so, please do not use it in the title. I have not had that problem before. When you file a bug report in-game, it is not lost, they can still access it but it is better to also file a bug report in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums as well as contact them via email. You are correct that the in-game bug reporting system has not been working for a long time regardless whether it is Holodeck or Tribble. Would be nice if they invested resources into fixing the problem. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • stenor#4573 stenor Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    First, was there profanity in the title? If so, please do not use it in the title. I have not had that problem before.

Like I first said, "No matter what's in the title". Please read...

Though I had selected the item in question for the "item slot", or whatever you'd call it, in the report. Maybe that's injected into the title or something.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    First, was there profanity in the title? If so, please do not use it in the title. I have not had that problem before.

Like I first said, "No matter what's in the title". Please read...

Though I had selected the item in question for the "item slot", or whatever you'd call it, in the report. Maybe that's injected into the title or something.

I did read and what is odd is I have never had that happen before. Also, you have to put in a category for said bug report and create a new issue in-game. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.