Install Arc

Event - Bug Bowl

Comments

• reptilecynrikreptilecynrik Member Posts: 8 Arc User
  • mimefieldmimefield Member Posts: 6 Arc User
  • kempek#8713 kempek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

As to anybody else reading this:

I usually play ground-maps in a fixed group with 2-3 fleet mates and friends around 18:00-20:00 UTC+2. So we are often 1-2 man short.

We are going to try out teamed approaches for this event so if you are willing to bring tac toons with discrete kit modules (no upgrades needed) and like to approach it that way as well we can include everybody interested around here in our teams.

In retrospect you can be assured to receive full teamed support (for whatever class and setup you prefer) for your record runs as well.

Just mail or PM me in game for this if you like.

I just wanted to give this a polite bump for anyone that is in need of help. I would highly encourage you to consider this offer, we have already qualified quite a few people and we'll be helping people at this time all week. You can expect a team that will offer advice if you need it and fully support you in your run to help you reach your goal.

Many have already qualified, we're here if you need it. Happy hunting everyone! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019

As to anybody else reading this:

I usually play ground-maps in a fixed group with 2-3 fleet mates and friends around 18:00-20:00 UTC+2. So we are often 1-2 man short.

We are going to try out teamed approaches for this event so if you are willing to bring tac toons with discrete kit modules (no upgrades needed) and like to approach it that way as well we can include everybody interested around here in our teams.

In retrospect you can be assured to receive full teamed support (for whatever class and setup you prefer) for your record runs as well.

Just mail or PM me in game for this if you like.

I just wanted to give this a polite bump for anyone that is in need of help. I would highly encourage you to consider this offer, we have already qualified quite a few people and we'll be helping people at this time all week. You can expect a team that will offer advice if you need it and fully support you in your run to help you reach your goal.

Many have already qualified, we're here if you need it. Happy hunting everyone! :smile:

We really seem to be in the swing of things here. :)

I didn’t have that much engagement in STO in a long time. Helping one another via teamplay is a fun thing. Kyle and I have a great time in Feli’s Bug Bowl and I hope you do too mate. Planet P is far from being clean. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I'm a little disappointed that this set is not mentioned in the fun category:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Excessive_Development
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

we concidered that one too but decided to start with a few first to see how its going. but if a lot of people participate we might add more secondary goals :)
    edited August 2019

Why not sign up for the contest’s main goal first?

You are in our channel and I see you often online at the same time I am. Depending on the team we can assemble I doubt you find the goal to be hard to achieve with us. :)
    animated.gif
  • reptilecynrikreptilecynrik Member Posts: 8 Arc User

We really seem to be in the swing of things here. :)

I didn’t have that much engagement in STO in a long time. Helping one another via teamplay is a fun thing. Kyle and I have a great time in Feli’s Bug Bowl and I hope you do too mate. Planet P is far from being clean. B)

That's right, Pete!
    And we managed to do three records just the other day... if that isn't called dedication then I dunno what is!!!
    :-)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User

My flamer toting cat uses that as his secondary..great weapon if you accept its technically more a spike weapon than a dps one

burstorion wrote: »

My flamer toting cat uses that as his secondary..great weapon if you accept its technically more a spike weapon than a dps one

just get a real flamethrower and gogo ^^
    edited August 2019
    Please sign up

@crawno
    @nishka

from my fleet.
    animated.gif
    edited August 2019
    Please sign up

@crawno
    @nishka

from my fleet.

oh Nishka is an old account so @Nishka pls.

CLR—Bug Hunt[6:18]— Dmg(DPS) —Lorden 1.008.341(2.689) Ronin 131.026(348) Kyle 118.679(354) Neela 70.942(188)
    CLR—Bug Hunt[7:14]— Dmg(DPS) —Nishka 694.710(1.601) Kyle 121.897(283) Neela 98.166(230) Ronin 75.558(176)

Also please sign up:

@evilpower#9418

Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Question related to this, or at least that this event prompted...is there somewhere other than the build planner for ships to go look at ground builds sorted by class?

I made some educated guesses and put together a kit/ build for my engineer that got 480 on one run and 1300 the next after making one module switch and a weapon switch, plus some refinements in play.

That variability feels like poking in the dark, and I'm curious to see what setups get the big numbers, with justification for the choices.
    @tobiashirt you could ask our ground experts at our discord directly, but usualy the builds are at sto-league => guides section build via stoacademy too :)
  • jacedomonjacedomon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
  • angel333christalangel333christal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello friends

Please sign up my fleetmember and me

@angel333christal
    @giro500

thank you and good luck

:p
    edited August 2019
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Question related to this, or at least that this event prompted...is there somewhere other than the build planner for ships to go look at ground builds sorted by class?

I made some educated guesses and put together a kit/ build for my engineer that got 480 on one run and 1300 the next after making one module switch and a weapon switch, plus some refinements in play.

That variability feels like poking in the dark, and I'm curious to see what setups get the big numbers, with justification for the choices.

Aside from making use of Feli’s direct contact recommendation myself (he, @soludor and @lordcruncher help massively with advice, observation and direct play) I also found it prudent to simply take a look at high DPS records made by the respective careers.

Thanks to @danfai, you can simply download discrete logs from the database and open it in CLR or CAT to better see what was going on.

As far as I could see the commonly found “best” setup for engineers at the moment seem to be a mix of CC together with area of effect stuff, especially explosives.

- Chroniton Mine Barrier
    - Gamma Reputation Mines
    - Transphasic Bomb
    - Agony Field Generator

and

- Paradox Bomb

The latter seems to be used to sum up target clusters to one location and expose them to the explosives.

I agree with the DPS number variations which are much higher than most people, especially when not used to team play as much, realize. I was surprised myself to see how folks easily got up to 5 times as much damage than they "usually" get just because the support players of a team bring beneficial gear and adjust their playstyle to the respective needs. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    We managed to break the first goal for the additional prizes! Congrats everyone participating!
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Just to be on the safe side... hope to find a team that doesn't mind to take a newb to the TFO along.
    @sharmutashlikha#2072

For several reasons I won't be able to participate. Please remove me from the list of participants, thank you!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Just had a quick read, thanks for the info. Current kit looks at lot like Peter's post (gamma mines/transphasic/paradox/agony gen/neutronic mortar). I didn't realize that both types of mines could go on the same kit.
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Just had a quick read, thanks for the info. Current kit looks at lot like Peter's post (gamma mines/transphasic/paradox/agony gen/neutronic mortar). I didn't realize that both types of mines could go on the same kit.

yea double mines > mines+mortar in that case. and it highly depend on how to place your mines
  • andretiumandretium Member Posts: 1 Arc User
  • tosurotosuro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
  • patrickstewpatrickstew Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    =^.^=
    Sphynx, aka Jeb, aka Simon Taylor, aka Zzorch
This discussion has been closed.