test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event - Bug Bowl

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
Hello everyone!
It’s time to smash some bugs! And here is your chance!
We proudly present to you the:

Bug Bowl

The “Bug Bowl” is a challenge with a raffle at the end.
The prizes have a current value of more than 1 billion Energy Credits, including our secondary goals! This contest is for the PC-Version from STO only.

Conditions of participation:
  • Please leave your ingame @ handle here as a comment or enter it at our website or the german sto forum. If your character is called John@Doe, leave @Doe as a comment or write it in the forum thread. Please write your @handle with the correct lower and upper case. This would make it easier for us to copy the name!
  • You need to parse a Bug Hunt Elite (BHE) with the CombatLogReader (CLR) and upload the parse to the DPS-League Table. For the secondary goals you need to upload the complete log with the upload function to our database.
  • You have to reach 500 DPS for the first time or if you are already over 500 DPS you have to increase your current record by 100%. Only the highest record of your @Handle counts!
  • We will use your entry from the BHE table as your reference value. You can find it if you click on DPS-League table at the bottom of CLR.
  • Don't miss our secondary goals! :)

Examples:
  • A player without an entry in the League Table needs to do 500 DPS or more.
  • A player with a current record of 750 DPS needs to do 100% more, he has to add 750 DPS to his record, 1500 DPS is his goal.
  • A player with a current record of 1,500 DPS needs to do 100% more, he has to add 1,500 DPS to his record, 3,000 DPS is his goal.

Deadline is the server maintenance on Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 2019.

The winners will be determined with the help of a random generator. All participants reaching their goal in time have the chance to win!

Prizes:
  1. 1x Lobi T6 Ship of your choice
  2. 1x S31 Vanity Shield
  3. 10x Master Keys
  4. 1x Trait Pack including Adrenal Release, Hive Mind, Vicious, Terran Vision
  5. 1x Trait Pack including Adrenal Release, Hive Mind, Vicious, Terran Vision
  6. 1x Romulan Widebeam Plasma Rifle [dm/crtid] [crtd]x4
  7. 1x Romulan Widebeam Plasma Rifle [dm/crtid] [crtd]x4
  8. 1x Romulan Widebeam Plasma Rifle [dm/crtid] [crtd]x4
  9. 1x Materials for 10 Omega Tech Upgrades
  10. 1x Materials for 5 Omega Tech Upgrades
  11. 3x 250 Contraband
  12. 2x 250 Contraband
  13. 100x Superior Ground Tech Upgrades
  14. 100x Superior Science Tech Upgrades
  15. 100x Superior Beam Weapon Tech Upgrades
  16. 100x Superior Shield Tech Upgrades
  17. 100x Superior Engineering Tech Upgrades
  18. 100x Superior Cannon Weapon Tech Upgrades
  19. 100x Superior Projectiles Weapon Tech Upgrades
  20. 100x Superior Kit and Modules Tech Upgrades

The more the merrier...
Unlocks for more Prizes:
  • 200 participants reaching their goal: T6 Promotion Ship Pack (Ship of choice)
  • 100 participants reaching their goal: T6 Infinity Prize Pack Ship (Ship of choice)
  • 50 participants reaching their goal: T6 Gift Ship Coupon

Additional categories for fun and profit:
  • We also want to reward the players with the highest DPS in each class.
  • 5 masterkeys each for the player with the highest Tactical, Science or Engineer captain.
  • If you’re using one of these ‘special’ weapons doing the most dps will reward you with 5 masterkeys each:
    • Lukari Piezo-Electric Wrist Lance
    • Energy Whip
    • Disruptor Flamethrower
    • Plasma Flamethrower
  • Each member of the team with the fastest run will receive 5 masterkeys. You don’t get extra points for goofing around – finish them off!
  • Highest HPS gets 5 masterkeys. So heal like a pro and save your team from failure.
  • BHE is fun. Take the funniest screenshot and grab 5 masterkeys.
  • Moving pictures are even more fun. Create the funniest video of your bug hunt and earn 25 masterkeys for your effort.
  • Mind over matter, show them fear. Use a Mind Melt Device for additional 5 masterkeys.
  • They have a weakness, a lot of bullets! Use a Tommygun, show that you're the best for 5 masterkeys.
  • I'm Rocky Balboa. Use your bare hands to punch the bugs! You could get 5 masterkeys!
  • Slash 'em like Conan the Babarian. Use the Emperor Sword and win an Emperor Shield.

The winners will get their prizes per in-game mail soon after the Deadline ends. Don’t forget to allow us to send you a mail 🙂

The members of the DPS-League Adminteam are not allowed to participate.

No cash disbursement is possible, recourse to the courts is not permitted.

Special thanks to Danfai and Eragon for their support.

Good Luck and have fun!

Your DPS League Admin Team

A full list of all Participants and their goals can be found >here< (thx Danfai!)

Data used from CLR with support from http://sto-dps.danfai.de/
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• novusspesnovusspes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Reynassa Drevyn fears no contest! @novusspes
  • couch222couch222 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
  • sontoriansontorian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @straubl is ready to fight
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    and we have our first participents! both added to the list, link is at the end of the post. :)

p.s. we know that you're not listed atm @couch222. we're working on fixing that ;)
  • edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    @edarta - time that a Scientist puts that blonde tactician in her place...
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Cesska will hear the cry of the warrior!! Glory never sleeps! @bossheisenberg
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Just to be on the safe side... hope to find a team that doesn't mind to take a newb to the TFO along.
    @sharmutashlikha#2072
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I wish everyone luck. I've done BHA, but not Elite and frankly I probably couldn't with how I'm at best mediocre at ground. But I hope everyone else has fun with it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    I wish everyone luck. I've done BHA, but not Elite and frankly I probably couldn't with how I'm at best mediocre at ground. But I hope everyone else has fun with it.

you could just search a team via dps-bronze as example. i'm sure there are a few people doing it atm ;)
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    Not interested since the combat log reader doesn't work on windows 10 for me it worked fine on 7 not on ten and i really don't want to invest the time to figure out why. But good luck to the people where it does run.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Squash bugs! @captainbuddjet#3018
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Not interested since the combat log reader doesn't work on windows 10 for me it worked fine on 7 not on ten and i really don't want to invest the time to figure out why. But good luck to the people where it does run.

I run W10 and it works for me.

Still, I'm busy ATM with running Sompek over several accts, so I'll just wish everyone good luck. Ground isn't my best thing and Sompek is as much as I care to do right now, just for the rest of the coupon progress for my family (hopefully)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • spari59spari59 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    @tobiashirt
    Main Eng should do okay, never bothered to parse ground but if the record is 10k, 500 should be easily w/in reach

for me it works well on w10 too ;)
    you could contact me and i could help you to let it running or you just join runs via dps-bronze as example. no need to upload runs yourself, its enough if someone in the team does it :)

p.s. all should be added to the list
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Danfai has me with 946 DPS at the moment for BHE so please sign up @peterconnorfirst for this supercool event Feli.

As to anybody else reading this:

I usually play ground-maps in a fixed group with 2-3 fleet mates and friends around 18:00-20:00 UTC+2. So we are often 1-2 man short.

We are going to try out teamed approaches for this event so if you are willing to bring tac toons with discrete kit modules (no upgrades needed) and like to approach it that way as well we can include everybody interested around here in our teams.

In retrospect you can be assured to receive full teamed support (for whatever class and setup you prefer) for your record runs as well.

Just mail or PM me in game for this if you like.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Danfai has me with 946 DPS at the moment for BHE so please sign up @peterconnorfirst for this supercool event Feli.

As to anybody else reading this:

I usually play ground-maps in a fixed group with 2-3 fleet mates and friends around 18:00-20:00 UTC+2. So we are often 1-2 man short.

We are going to try out teamed approaches for this event so if you are willing to bring tac toons with discrete kit modules (no upgrades needed) and like to approach it that way as well we can include everybody interested around here in our teams.

In retrospect you can be assured to receive full teamed support (for whatever class and setup you prefer) for your record runs as well.

Just mail or PM me in game for this if you like.

thats a great offer peter. hope a lot of people will follow you on that one :)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, Danfai has me at 568.. which might be tough to double, but probably not impossible. The Upgrade Weekend will help as that character did that with a Mark XII VR weapon.. so I'll give it a shot.

Sign me up: @seaofsorrows

I also encourage anyone that is interested to take peter up on the offer, I am usually online in that group as well and even though I am trying myself, I would be more then happy to help anyone else if I can.

Good luck everyone, and thanks to the League for another great event!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • goldy#2451 goldy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @goldy#2451
  • acht472acht472 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Heh, my space cats main weapon is a flamer and I've got its pre-module buffed damage to some silly numbers in the past while my ferengi uses the whip

One question though - regarding the 'joke' weapons..if you say, had a flamer and a boolean as secondary, would that be legitimate still?
    burstorion wrote: »
    Heh, my space cats main weapon is a flamer and I've got its pre-module buffed damage to some silly numbers in the past while my ferengi uses the whip

One question though - regarding the 'joke' weapons..if you say, had a flamer and a boolean as secondary, would that be legitimate still?

just the damage done by the flamethrower/whip etc would count for the secondary goal, no other dmg ;)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    @burstorion

Its a pity theres no bonus for the mining laser...that things pretty crazy if you learn its quirks
  • tuv0k99tuv0k99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
  • dangp1dangp1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    dangp1
    please sign up @admpellaeon :)

He is at 420 DPS and I think I hate him. :|
    animated.gif
    please sign up @lewsimm :)

He is at 2,012.47 at the moment so should take some doing for all in team. :o
    animated.gif
    edited August 2019
    please sign up @admpellaeon :)

He is at 420 DPS and I think I hate him. :|

CLR—Bug Hunt[5:54]— Dmg(DPS) —Garth@admpellaeon 405.621(1.149) Ezria Dax 219.981(627) Neela 210.031(607) Ronin 147.532(484) Aurelia 90.140(301)

Yep, I hate him! :D
    animated.gif
This discussion has been closed.