test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valkris: The Search for More Options for Female Klingons

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
I was looking for a YouTube clip for the ship used to deliver the Genesis plans to Commander Kruge (the rank of Commander was a leftover from the original version of the script where the main antagonists for the movie were Romulans, who were replaced by Klingons), and Valkris reminded me that Klingons do have options for female Klingons that STO has been lacking.

Such as her 'forehead detail', 'eyebrow(s)', 'hairstyle' (would the headdress/neck covering be considered part of her hairstyle in STO terms, or would it be part of a separate option?), and 'collar' (the large metal neckless/choker). Her outfit looks like a cross between military and civilian (Klingon Intelligence outfit?), kind of like a Samurai's robes made with material may be something like a chainmail mesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksbxo6Ft4ho

PS, please make the freighter, it's small enough to be a shuttle, available to players. Maybe the shuttle for a possible neutral/Trader faction?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yep I like the look and it has been asked for before. but with the state of dev dislike for anything not feddybear.. don't hold your breath
    Spock.jpg

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    You're right *sigh*

Well, if they ever do open it up for Klingons, hopefully they'll also look into Klingon Consul Korrd's outfit (even without the cloak, it'd be worth adding it to STO).

And the Romulan representive, Caithlin Dar, definitely has an outfit looking into, if the Devs get the chance :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAq9GaV2GoY
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    The 22 / 23c garb would be cool. Womens fashion on Qo'nos evolved, just like women everywhere. Tending not to completely lose tradotions (but reinvent them regularly).

Having just watched ST II - IV, I'm reminded of the fact that Valkriss was something like a consort? An important person (at least in the book, iirc) whoms brother had brough ill-repute upon her house and ultimately doomed it.

Even though elements of the Klingon Military are portrayed as barbaric overlords for most of Star Trek. The people themselves actually have a lot in common with the Keshians of Raymond Fiests' Riftwar Saga (if you're familiar with it?). Theres a cultured side and a militant side, with every shade inbetween, all part of an internal political treadmill.

All in all though. Similarities to Earth cultures would be something with strong Russian / North East Asian influences. Perhaps classic Mongolian? -- There's a lot of that, sorta, "asians of the steppes" armour types among various species in Star Trek. The Klingons have a tonne of source material and it would be good to see some of that flair made available. -- it needs to be said, though; that what already exists has been very useful. It's certainly a lot more work building up options for Klingons, than any bar the most recently available species. Which seems counter-intuitive to me. Klingons are perhaps the most prominent faction in Star Trek, besides Starfleet.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    For Klingons? Nope.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The best way to get that look is with an aliengen character. As far as the clothes go, some non-faction outfits might help but nothing that I know of has that mesh/chainmail look.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The Warriors Skirt and Warrior's Decorated Skirt for Klingon females (although other female characters can wear it) in the Lobi store is terrific, but I've always wished that they would add other unique pieces to it for a complete original klingon female costume for those who opted to pay for it.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    i wish they would really overhaul the tailor. they should really let us Barbie. I mean different bodices, skirts, corsets, BOOTS and SHOES. capes..
    I'd make Ruby Rose in about a flat minute
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    @nixie50

Well... I was able to do season 1 Ruby pretty well. And season 1 Yang. Weiss and Blake... not so much.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    i wish they would really overhaul the tailor. they should really let us Barbie. I mean different bodices, skirts, corsets, BOOTS and SHOES. capes..
    I'd make Ruby Rose in about a flat minute
    Lots of clothing was usable in Foundry, and they outta be able to used in tailor, especially now that Foundry is kaput.
    I think it would be an IDEAL way to use Latinum.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.