test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• nickfury92nickfury92 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Ooc: glad to have you back man. And no trouble at all.
    Harper is in the command center watching new sensor data as a tech walks up to him.

Tech: sir R’tas has arrived in orbit and is ready to meet with you.

Harper: very well transport him down I’ll meet him in my ready room.

A few moments later.

Harper: so you see where we are at.

R’tas: it is a delicate situation. Your idea does have merit.

Harper: I know we won’t unite everyone but if we can get everyone to at least meet and have a sort of council to keep everyone at least in line. It will go a long way. Your remaining ships would be a large deterrent if you would be a part of that.

R’tas: very well.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    *Dalos Alpha Prime. Sam steps out of the Senate Chamber after a 2 hour discussion. Kudar is waiting for her.*

Sam: Well, that was a complete disaster...

Kudar: It could have been a lot worse. At least for now, the Senate are accepting their role in what happened as equal to yours.

Sam: They want to suppress all knowledge of the Republic's role in the disaster at Arcadia, Tarik. That's not what I'd call "taking responsibility".

Kudar: Perhaps, but it's their decision. And you can understand why.

Sam: Doesn't make it right...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    OoC: That's probably bad, but it could feed into growth for the coalition since most of their main systems are near UnSc space.

H Karen: Sure! Sounds like fun
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    OoC: That's probably bad, but it could feed into growth for the coalition since most of their main systems are near UnSc space.

H Karen: Sure! Sounds like fun

Karen: Okay. Rules?

*She starts limbering up.*
    H Karen: What rules do you normally use?
    H Karen: What rules do you normally use?

Karen: Basic submission rules; go until one of us taps.
    H Karen: That sounds fine. *she smiles excitedly*
    Harper returns to the command center after his meeting.

Harper: send a message to the others tell them we will meet Hal V for a meeting.

Officer: aye sir.

Strauss: so the Sanghelli agreed I take it.

Harper: yes they did. Now to see if we can make something like this work.

Meanwhile all along the UNSC border satellites have been deployed that disrupt almost all forms of ftl travel unless they are deactivated. They also are equipped with extremely strong sensors and incredibly resilient shield arrays.

Karen: Okay.

*She gets into a stance.*

Let's go.
    Osman is walking down a corridor as Rotek comes beside her.

Osman: did you get that report and analysis of the Arcadia incident done?

Rotek: yes but I’m afraid it doesn’t show much. The sealing of subspace seemed to cause a chain reaction in the Arcadia star that is what destroyed the three systems. Nothing besides not having fired those mussels wiuld have made a difference.

Osman: not the report I was hoping for.

Rotek: believe me I understand how you feel.

Osman: did you know anyone that was there.

Rotek: a few actually yes. Mostly contacts that I knew I could rely on but a few friends as well. I suppose that’s what happens in our line of work.

Osman: I’m sorry

Rotek: thank you director but sadly I don’t think this situation is going to be that easy of a fix for anyone. The shape of power in the area has changed drastically wether for good or bad remains to be seen.
    ryan218 wrote: »

Let's go.

OoC: Sorry, slept for 20 hours and had to go to a doctor to see if I could get some treatment for my hypersomnia

*H Karen does the same and bounces excitedly*

Let's go.

OoC: Sorry, slept for 20 hours and had to go to a doctor to see if I could get some treatment for my hypersomnia

*H Karen does the same and bounces excitedly*

*Karen bounces on her heels for a moment before trying to lock up.*
    *H Karen tries to sweep her leg out, pressing her body against Karen's to try and force her down*
    *H Karen tries to sweep her leg out, pressing her body against Karen's to try and force her down*

*She takes Karen down easily, Karen quickly grunting and trying to roll on top.*
    Rotek is sitting in his quarters as his terminal beeps. He turns slowly and taps a command into it. As he reads the message he slumps back into his chair as a tear comes down his face.

He turns as he hears a beep from his door. He gets up

Rotek: enter

Bridger walks in

Bridger: I hope I’m not interrupting anything.

Rotek: no of course not my friend. What can I do for you.

Bridger: Osman has asked me to do recon into UNSC space. As a shape shifter it slows me to get in and out easier. But I wanted to see if you would join me.

Rotek: yes yes of course.

Bridger looks at him

Bridger: are you going to tell me what’s wrong.

Rotek: it’s Z’eka

Bridger: is she ok. What happened.

Rotek: she was at Arcadia. Trying to work out a proposal to have aide sent to some UNSC worlds that where experiencing some hard times.

Bridger: I’m so sorry.

Rotek: it’s it’s quite alright. I take comfort in knowing that she was doing what she loved and that it wouldn’t have happened so fast she would not have felt anything.

Bridger: if you don’t feel up to going then don’t. I don’t want to force you to go.

Rotek: it’s quite alright the work should help take my mind off of it.
    *Dalos Alpha Prime. Sam is speaking with Hargrove in her office.*

Hargrove: Have they made a decision yet?

Sam: Not yet...

*She takes a sip of the Romulan Ale next to her.*

Hargrove: You know, too much of that stuff is bad for your health.

*Sam just gives him a look.*

Sam: Good.

Hargove: You had no idea what would happen, Prime Minister. Militarily speaking, you made the right choice.

Sam: Billions of innocent people are dead, Admiral. It was my order that killed them. It doesn't matter what my intentions were - it's my responsibility.

Hargrove: It was an order I agreed with and allowed you to issue. You don't carry this blame alone, Samantha.

*There's a chime at the door.*

Sam: Yes, Julie?

*Sam's Aide sticks her head through the door and passes Sam a PADD.*

Aide: The Senate has made their decision, Prime Minister. They've voted in favour of EM 262.

Sam: Thank you, Julie.

*Julie nods and leaves, Sam dropping the PADD on her desk and walking over to the widow, leaning forward on it, feeling physically sick.*

Hargrove: I'll inform Osman and make the preparations.

Sam: We're all going to Hell for this. You realise that?

Hargrove: 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.'

*Hargrove leaves and heads to Osman's office.*
    Osman is looking over a field report when he arrives.

Osman: admiral to what do I owe the pleasure.
    nickfury92 wrote: »
    Osman is looking over a field report when he arrives.

Osman: admiral to what do I owe the pleasure.

Hargrove: The Senate is going ahead with Emergency Measure 262. Our side of what happened at Arcadia is to be classified at the highest level under the State Security Act. I'm about to notify Forrester to have his people sworn to secrecy, but I need you to get to work on your end burying everything about the Bastion Contingency and its activation at Arcadia. The official story is we were conducting a blockade of the Arcadia system when the subspace portal to Virgo destabilised.
    Osman: I see. I’ll start going through and securing all files on the matter and have them secured by Atlas. As far as anyone will know we will be clean.
    In a large room

Kel: what you are suggesting is outrageous!

Harper: no it isn’t. You all are simply to stubborn to see that it is something we need.

Tarson: I’m afraid I agree with the general on this issue.

Harper: we aren’t going to be able to remain cut off from the rest of the galaxy forever. That isn’t going to happen. So what will you all do then.

Narn: we will deal with that when the time comes. Now is the time to show strength and fortitude.
    Unknown location

Ch’rell: well this is most certainly a interesting turn of events isn’t it. The UNSC now fractured the republic trying to hide all evidence it was involved.

Corvus: how does that benefit us?

Ch’rell: with the UNSC fractured it makes it possible for us to influence them even more. They will want to lash out and get even I’m sure. It is only a matter of time. And as for the republic they play a dangerous game trying to hide they where involved and caused the destruction. It makes one wonder what would happen if the galaxy knew.

Corvus: what are we going to do?

Ch’rell: for now we simply wait. Our moment will reveal itself all in good time.

*She takes Karen down easily, Karen quickly grunting and trying to roll on top.*

OoC: Sorry, since I quit I've been working on getting social security benefits and that has involved going to a few meetings. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow then I should be more free, if the doctor doesn't approve me, that's going to suck really badly but I won't have to worry about more for a bit unless I try a legal action route. If I get approved I might have to deal with more appointments but things will get better for me. Plus I've been trying to think of how to handle the thing I told you about H Karen.

*She manages to, but H Karen isn't very good at wrestling in her swimsuit and her top starts coming undone as she strugles with Karen.*

OoC: Sorry, since I quit I've been working on getting social security benefits and that has involved going to a few meetings. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow then I should be more free, if the doctor doesn't approve me, that's going to suck really badly but I won't have to worry about more for a bit unless I try a legal action route. If I get approved I might have to deal with more appointments but things will get better for me. Plus I've been trying to think of how to handle the thing I told you about H Karen.

*She manages to, but H Karen isn't very good at wrestling in her swimsuit and her top starts coming undone as she strugles with Karen.*

*Karen giggles a little as she realises what's happening and tries to slow the fight down.*

Karen *struggling, giggling*: Maybe we should change into something more secure if we're gonna fight this hard? *Smiles teasingly.*
    Ooc: I feel you man. I’m having to go through paper work for temp disability so I know what a mess that can be. Hope you get what you need man.
    edited August 2019
    H Karen: oh? Afraid of seeing yourself Exposed? *She laughs teasingly and tries to roll them over. Serah looks very bashful watching the two wrestle*
    *She succeeds fairly easily.*

Karen: A little...
    Atlas: ma’am I have taken all data off and have it ready to process and delete.

Osman: good job atlas. Send it to my terminal and I’ll enter my codes and do it from my office.

She walks out of the command room into her ready room. She finds a man sitting at her desk leaning in her chair.

Harrison: before you try to call security don’t bother. Atlas is also tied up for the moment so we can have a little privacy.

Osman: who are you and what do you want.

Her hand rests on her sidearm as she watch’s him.

Harrison: please relax. If I wanted to hurt you or anyone here I would have done it already. I know you are removing the republics involvement in the Arcadia incident. My organization agrees that it’s better the rest of the galaxy not really know what happened. That being said I need to take a copy of the data before you lock it away and bury it

Osman: what makes you think I’m not simply going to delete all the information.

Harrison: because I’ve been at this game a long time as well. You never know when that data could be needed again. You can’t risk not having it in your back pocket.

Osman: which brings me to another question. Who do you work with or for.

Harrison: my job is to protect the federation at any cost.

Osman: section 31 I take it. I thought you all where gone.

Harrison: it was necessary for everyone to believe the old section was gone. It allows us to operate more freely.

Osman: why do you really need that info

Harrison: I’m not at liberty to discuss it. But you will be better off just letting me take what I came for.

He pulls a data rod from her terminal.

Harrison: don’t worry this is just to have in my back pocket. Like I said if you needed to worry you wouldn’t know till it was to late. This was a courtesy to try and be nice.
    Ooc: wow is all I have to say. Finally got to see end game and just wow. Love you 3000
    *Tora Ziyal. Tara is up late watching GNN, which is reporting on the Arcadia disaster. Luke walks up behind her and plants a soft kiss on her neck.*

Luke *softly*: It's getting late.

Tara: Something isn't right about this...

Luke: 3 star systems and billions of people got wiped out. Of course it isn't right...

Tara: No, I mean... It doesn't make sense. Why would Dad take the fleet to blockade a system with a garrison more than twice its size? And why does it seem like the government's doing everything it can to avoid the subject?

Luke: Tara, don't you think you're being a little paranoid?

Tara: I spent half my teenage years running from planet to planet to hide from a cartel bent on killing me. And that's just the start. Of course I'm paranoid.

Luke: Fair. But you're safe now. You have two beautiful daughters--

Tara: Who hate each other.

Luke: --two beautiful daughters, who are both very capable young women in their own right. That reflects on their parenting - especially their mother. Now, she didn't raise two very smart, capable girls by staying up all night worrying about what she couldn't control, did she?

*Tara smiles, before twisting to face him and wrapping her arms around his neck.*

Tara: Well, firstly, we didn't raise two girls, we raised one. Daya has Karen's childhood memories. Secondly, you had a lot to do with how they turned out.

Luke: I taught them how to take a replicator apart and put it back together. And, okay, I may have been the one who got them through schooling. But their streetsmarts, the fact they can look after themselves, and the fact they try to see the best in people? That's all you, T. I gave them their knowledge, but you gave them their souls.

Tara: I love it when you get all romantic.

*She kisses him softly on the lips.*

Luke: So you'll come to bed? *Smiles.*

Tara: Give me a minute.

*Luke walks back to the bedroom, Tara waiting a moment before getting up and going to the replicator.*

Squash, blackcurrant, room temperature.

*As the replicator produces the glass, Tara takes another glance at the monitor.*

Computer? Screen off.