test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fortnite - Loot boxes no longer unknown random

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Ten Forward
looks like Fortnite Rocket League (bah it's Epic Games) will now show you want is inside the loot box so you can choose to buy or not... if you pass the contents will change the next day. thoughts? I like this idea... makes it so you need to log in daily. Course if you buy, the next box will show up and you will also see what is inside. So you can make a choose to buy if the contents as "good enough". takes the randomness out of the loot box, it's no longer a gamble box since you will know ahead of time what you will be getting.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Certainly an interesting idea. Never thought I would be agreeing with something that came from Epic Games ever since their Epic Games Store was shoddily implemented.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    a similar idea was had for STO's lockboxes - where you get to see what's in...oh, 10 or so boxes? if it's nothing special, you would have to make the choice if you want to eat 10 keys worth of that to get the next set of predictions or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.