test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian faction

I am not sure which thread to put this in. if thsi is not the right place, hopefully, a Mod can move it to the right place?

PC game idea.

When the Cardassians were first introduced, they were a separate faction. Now, somehow, they are only available through the Starfleet or Klingon factions. Can we make them their own faction again?
Tagged:

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    trek1968 wrote: »
    I am not sure which thread to put this in. if thsi is not the right place, hopefully, a Mod can move it to the right place?

PC game idea.

When the Cardassians were first introduced, they were a separate faction. Now, somehow, they are only available through the Starfleet or Klingon factions. Can we make them their own faction again?

Cardassians have never been their own playable faction as far as I know, as for the NPC faction it's still in the game, but the "true way" cardassian faction was never playable.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    A Cardassian (Union) subfaction comparable to LoR sans leveling to 60. The current setup, if said subfaction is planned for the future, is alliance training with UFP/KE in order to assure a friendly and secure full independence for the Union.

The Dominion subfaction still needs a good deal of TLC, however.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    There was a playable cardassian faction in this game?!? That's new to me. And I am pretty sure to everyone else since that never happened. And they never will be at this point as the race and pretty much all their ships are already in the game. It just does not make sense to make it so.

idk, all of the ships, sans UFP/KE binary, are accessible to every "faction", so the ships wouldn't be an issue

per the species unlock, there'll probably be a workaround; if not, probably something similar to my theory

I don't see why not a Cardassian fraction would eventually come about , esp. given the large amount of assets added during the initial ViL release
    R E M A I N

• lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    I don't see why not a Cardassian fraction would eventually come about

It won't because that particular ship has sailed. they've already been released as a playable species and are currently a fed protectorate, which gives very little in the way of options of what to do story wise for such a faction

It won't because that particular ship has sailed. they've already been released as a playable species and are currently a fed protectorate, which gives very little in the way of options of what to do story wise for such a faction

~eventually~

fr waiting on those ground SR Disruptors smh
    R E M A I N

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It would not be too difficult to shift the Cardassians to being part of the Dominion as a sort of extra-territorial protectorate (either in conjunction with the Federation protectorate or taking its place) by way of story arc, not that it makes much difference either way since neither the Cardis nor the Doms seem to be going anywhere anyway.
    It would not be too difficult to shift the Cardassians to being part of the Dominion as a sort of extra-territorial protectorate (either in conjunction with the Federation protectorate or taking its place) by way of story arc, not that it makes much difference either way since neither the Cardis nor the Doms seem to be going anywhere anyway.

Gradual Expansion :p
    R E M A I N

• wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    bltrrn wrote: »

~eventually~

fr waiting on those ground SR Disruptors smh

This, 100%. My Cardassian has his uniform, a full set of Very Rare-quality Cardie Boffs, a full complement of Cardassian Doffs, and a fully equipped Keldon.

And yet, he feels incomplete due to the simple lack of iconic Cardassian ground weaponry.

It's kinda silly that we don't have these things yet :frowning:
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yeap, I'd like Borg, Cardassina, Cat, Darkat, Leth, Voth and N'K sub-factions. But we won't see any.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    it was only 4 days over, sheesh...it's not like he resurrected a thread from 2010 like some idiots have done​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.