test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Queen is Actually A Glitch that infected the Hive

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I do not know if this Theory makes Sense to people and if its new or an old Theory, I been watching Voyager First Contact in wake of the Star Trek Picard Trailer and the Theories that Dahj is actually a Former Borg Queen. I am here to tell you She is not and here is why i think that is! We See the Borg as a Hive mind one mind in control over everything, and to organize these thoughts the collective created a Hub that can organize the Thought Patterns of Trillions of Drones that's where the Queen Sets in. She was not to Control the Hive but to kept minds Organize and P refection but there was a Glitch in the Programming of the Hub and thus the Queen is Born she as the mind of her own and thus begun to control the collective. The Queen in herself is basically a Glitch and with this craziness of perfection in controlling all life in the universe She basically the Reason why the Borg sought Perfection because Queen her self is a glitch and she need to satisfy her self for Perfection. So where dose Dahj fit in to all this why the Theory of her not the Queen well the Queen is Program that lives in the Hive and she uses Borg Avatars that she Creates to interact with Beings that she find most fascinating as well able to interact with the Collective personally but this is a Failed in it self we seen in Endgame and in First Contact when the Queen Dies so dose the collective and why is that because She is a Hub and she should be living with in the Collective herself. Unless she makes Back up of her self with in the Subspace network of the Borg Collective the Borg Will Die that is why Dahj is not the Queen and why the Queen is a major Glitch and Weakness with in the collective!!!
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I could not make sense of the wall of text.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The best theory so far, from Midnights Edge , is that Dahj (whose name makes me think of mustard ) is actually Picards child with the Borg Queen. I think that is a cool idea.
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    What I was trying to explain is that the Queen is a Computer Program that went Horribly wrong and Dahj except the Borg Prison to get help to her fellow Drones and she went to the One Captain in All of Starfleet who as the most experience with the BORG Captain Jun Luc Picard Former Captain of the Federation Flag Ship USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E and the Reason Why she feels safe with Picard becuase of his time as Locutus of Borg that's why I think anyway
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > lordgyor said:
    > The best theory so far, from Midnights Edge , is that Dahj (whose name makes me think of mustard ) is actually Picards child with the Borg Queen. I think that is a cool idea.

That isn't a theory with any basis and since you source ME it is guaranteed false.

A broken clock is correct two times every day so ME could be right once in their life.

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @valoreah said:
    > starkaos wrote: »
    >
    > A broken clock is correct two times every day so ME could be right once in their life.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ME hasn't been right about anything. How can they be when all they talk about is nonsense? Do your brain a favor and stop watching that garbage. Your IQ will go up significantly by doing so.

So what I'm hearing is your midnight edge's biggest fan? ;p
    valoreah wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »
    A broken clock is correct two times every day so ME could be right once in their life.

ME hasn't been right about anything. How can they be when all they talk about is nonsense? Do your brain a favor and stop watching that garbage. Your IQ will go up significantly by doing so.

How can my IQ go up significantly when my brain cells have never been damaged by their show? The point of my post is that if they throw out enough nonsense, then by statistical probability, something they have said will be correct eventually by pure coincidence.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    ryuranger wrote: »
    I do not know if this Theory makes Sense to people and if its new or an old Theory, I been watching Voyager First Contact in wake of the Star Trek Picard Trailer and the Theories that Dahj is actually a Former Borg Queen. I am here to tell you She is not and here is why i think that is! We See the Borg as a Hive mind one mind in control over everything, and to organize these thoughts the collective created a Hub that can organize the Thought Patterns of Trillions of Drones that's where the Queen Sets in. She was not to Control the Hive but to kept minds Organize and P refection but there was a Glitch in the Programming of the Hub and thus the Queen is Born she as the mind of her own and thus begun to control the collective. The Queen in herself is basically a Glitch and with this craziness of perfection in controlling all life in the universe She basically the Reason why the Borg sought Perfection because Queen her self is a glitch and she need to satisfy her self for Perfection. So where dose Dahj fit in to all this why the Theory of her not the Queen well the Queen is Program that lives in the Hive and she uses Borg Avatars that she Creates to interact with Beings that she find most fascinating as well able to interact with the Collective personally but this is a Failed in it self we seen in Endgame and in First Contact when the Queen Dies so dose the collective and why is that because She is a Hub and she should be living with in the Collective herself. Unless she makes Back up of her self with in the Subspace network of the Borg Collective the Borg Will Die that is why Dahj is not the Queen and why the Queen is a major Glitch and Weakness with in the collective!!!

@ryuranger I suspect you don't speak English as first language but surely you at least speak paragraphs. Leave some line breaks, even if they're in random places.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    starkaos wrote: »
    How can my IQ go up significantly when my brain cells have never been damaged by their show? The point of my post is that if they throw out enough nonsense, then by statistical probability, something they have said will be correct eventually by pure coincidence.

So far they're batting 0. And they are pretty much considered nothing more than rage mongering trolls looking to rile up people. Hell... at this point anything Midnight's Edge is even close to being considered spam by at least one Mod because of how divisive the content is. All it does is polarize the community and cause flame wars. And for all we know... that is the goal of the channel. To divide and attack.

In short, Midnight's Edge content can be considered no different than gatekeeping behavior on the forums, which is against forum rules.

Honestly I'd be more inclined to trust TrekYards, as they at least have had contact with people who have worked on ships for Trek in the past when examining certain ship designs. Other than that... its their own opinions. Not claiming to be Word of God truth.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Lets Kept It Clean and fun and Stop making fun of people Intelligence What Are We Marvel
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Ok, well, the Midnight's Edge debate can stop and we can continue on with our regularly scheduled program. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    "It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, rather than theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

So far we have a trailer. That's all. It intrigues me without revealing significant information, which is the purpose of a trailer.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I'm predisposed not to like the idea of a Borg Queen. But since they made her exit in the lore (and occasionally used her in enjoyable ways), I do wish they had made her make more sense. And there still is time, with the Borg appearing in STP. The glitch is a good idea.

Other ideas I've hard or heard that I like are:

—That she is essentially a pressure valve. She expresses the collected individual expression of the entire collective, thus allowing the rest to act harmoniously.
    —The she is the vestigial remnant of a leader for the poto-Borg, who initially were cybernetically linked beings mentally dominated by a leader. The collective will of the controlled drones eventually overwhelmed her mind, thus creating the Collective. But although she was now a part of a single mind, the core programming of the original network was so deeply embedded in the Collective that the there still needed to be a One-Who-Is-Many existing even if she was not truly the leader. (This would mean that the One-Who-Is-Many would actually be the first being to be assimilated.)
    —That whatever she was, Hugh being taught individuality did infect her a little before his cube was separated, and thus she acts more individually afterwards than she previously would have.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The problem with the Borg queen is that the movie writers totally missed the point of what the series writers were doing with the Borg and inadvertently shifted the concept from the ultimate amorphous collective to a garden variety centralized insect-style hive mind. In fact most of the worst continuity problems were caused by the high-ego movie division blindly ramming around trampling things the "TV peons" had established in order to make their own mark on Trek, but that is a subject for a different discussion.

The Borg were an allegory to the same kind of decentralized peer-to-peer networking that the internet is based on, which is far scarier than the insect model since there are no centralized points to attack and any losses are simply covered by other parts of the collective shifting to take up the slack. Networks like that were in the deeper scientific news at the time the Borg were thought up, poised to hit the popular news in the near future and so were ideal plot fodder for a science fiction show at the time.

As for the decision making thing, the only real need for a central authority figure is to speed up decision making, and the near-instantaneous mind to mind communication the Borg have would eliminate the speed difference between a team consensus and a centralized leader. There is a secondary use as a spokesperson for the collective, but they really do not need a queen as such for that.
    Phoenixc I totally agree with you on that. That is why I think she is more of a Glitch in the system a Flaw if you will that makes the Collective go crazy with the idea of Perfection.
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    valoreah wrote: »
    As for the vestigial remnant of the "proto-Borg", this is actually an idea put forth more than a decade ago in a fan fiction series published on perhaps the best Borg website ever.

That website certainly had some interesting pictures of Borg.