test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With the patch, any way to claim the second hangar pet for older Flight Deck Carriers?

acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Just saw that my Blackguard has a new hangar slot -- is there a way to get a "free" hangar pet, or do I need to spend EC or Dil? Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I think you maybe can claim the "basic" pet from dil store - reclaim while you are on that ship/have it ready

but for the advanced versions we sure got to spend

I got a Bastion and a Marauder to do the same
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    No joy on reclaim, maybe when the toon hits 65, no luck at 60
  • Options
    I dont think it matters - just some ships have reclaim for pets and some dont(for base ones)

For example my Advanced Obelisk has reclaim for base swarmers but it only appears if I am commanding the obelisk
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Blackguard is a C-Store ship.. if you really want to get another free hangar pet, you can dismiss your current ship (pull the gear off it first) and re-claim it. It should come with at least one hangar populated so keep your current free pet and that should give you two.

You'll have to re-do your setup once you get the 'new' ship, but you'll get the free hangar pet.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    ^This. Plus, you won't have to worry about losing your Mastery progress in case you haven't finished it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Basic hangar pets are only 4000 or so EC at ship stores I think.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    25,355 EC but yeah, peanuts. Not worth going through the hassle of deleting and reclaiming ship and having to set up everything again over.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    25,355 EC but yeah, peanuts. Not worth going through the hassle of deleting and reclaiming ship and having to set up everything again over.

Yes but I thinkthe OP wanted to know if there is a way without spending EC or dill

Then again if he havent leveled the ship he can do what others suggested on reclaiming the blackguard
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes, just buying the pet is much easier, but if you absolutely insist on not paying, then dismiss/reclaim is your best option.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't you have any pets you use on other ship? In my Inventory I have two Elite Scorpions, two Elite Widows, two Elite Swarmers, and two Advanced Tactical Flyers. They automatically switch out into my Discovery Constitution Bays depending on the Endeavor damage type Loadout I select.

The free Reclaim of certain pets are not dependant on if you are 65 rather than 60.

You can get up to six Advanced Swarmers if you run 'Sphere of Influence' and get the Console Accolade.

As stated before, the Basic Models are cheap EC costs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    There is a steep performance difference between the usual blue pets and even just the purple ones, so really it is just better to get the purple ones from the dil store or better yet the elite fleet ones anyway.
  • Options
    There is a steep performance difference between the usual blue pets and even just the purple ones, so really it is just better to get the purple ones from the dil store or better yet the elite fleet ones anyway.

Yes I eventually get purple for every ship I use that has pets - but they do cost 100k fleet marks and like 38k dill per hangar
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can get up to six Advanced Swarmers if you run 'Sphere of Influence' and get the Console Accolade.
    Those are locked to Obelisk carriers.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Yes I eventually get purple for every ship I use that has pets - but they do cost 100k fleet marks and like 38k dill per hangar

No no...the purple colored ones (or very rare quality) are in the dilithium store for 25,000 or so dilithium. The ones that cost 100k fleet marks and 38k dilithium are ultra rare quality (sometimes called "ultraviolet" color).

Most of my hangers across my account are very rare, because I think they perform good enough and are much easier to obtain.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, there is the blue EC version and the Purple dillithium version.. BTW with the changes, the Blackguard became more attractive to buy..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    djf021 wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

No no...the purple colored ones (or very rare quality) are in the dilithium store for 25,000 or so dilithium. The ones that cost 100k fleet marks and 38k dilithium are ultra rare quality (sometimes called "ultraviolet" color).

Most of my hangers across my account are very rare, because I think they perform good enough and are much easier to obtain.

For me they are UR pretty much and I tend to get the supposed pets - example UR BoPs for Vo'Quv and my Sarcophagus is with UR House Mokai Raiders
  • Options
    Many thanks, deleting and reclaiming the ship worked. Thanks again!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

25k when I went to get some.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Buying the second hanger for ECs would be easier.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.