test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 8/8/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 8/8 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the fixes!

Indeed!

I still think Cryptic should apply the faction dictating energy type for weapon(s) for the Ground just like they did for Space. Not all the time mind you, but for special event items like this Heavy Rifle it would have fit well imo.

I still don't understand why Cryptic doesn't apply this Temporal updating to that Temporal Paradox & I think that Annorex since they are Temporal by title only currently.

So is this the "nerf" that those that didn't have the ships wanted & those that did have the ships was cringing about: "The weapon proc from Advanced Beam Arrays now grants a scaling buff to Advanced Beam Critical Severity, instead of Bonus Damage." I never count each little dps so not great at those numbers so am interested in seeing how this affects players.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    I'm surprised their actually doing that nerf.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the ships desirable to make more people spend money on them?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Color me stupid, but what does this mean?

"Resolved an issue that was preventing the “none” from appearing as an option for Female Alien characters."

Thanks for the explanation...
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

"Resolved an issue that was preventing the “none” from appearing as an option for Female Alien characters."

CM

Hair styles, I believe... but we'll see...

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

Hair styles, I believe... but we'll see...

It is part of the hair styles deal. Some reason the option was missing or got missplaced with federation and klingon aliens. Romulan aliens not effected by it. So yeah now this fix should hopefully allow alien females to be bald again.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Dissapointed in some of the updates - VERRY DISSAPOINTED. :(
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A change to the Advanced Beams was expected as they said pretty much after they released that they were going to do something about them. No idea how but they were. For that reason I took the six Arrays that came with the Ship and put them into the Bank until they 'finalized' how they were going to 'adjust' (nerf) them.

The reason given was... (I don't know what pithy comment I could make) that although they were not really a problem for high end DPS builds but were too much for the average schmo.

This has been the habit for years, though in most cases they let things ride for many months or years before course corrections are made. The Leach Console, Kemocite, Embassy Consoles. In those cases the items were readily available, but in this case it's not the case at all.

There were two Threads about this change in General. One was closed due to the OP request as there was another Thread already. Then the other one was closed due to /Reasons.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    "Reasons" were because they were flaming accusations, dev bashing, and demanding compensation (all forum rules violations) for a change that was announced to be happening from the outset. No one should've been surprised or caught off guard by the change. So, ranting and demanding about something one knew was happening is disingenuous. But there's always some subset of the population that's going to do this any time the devs attempt to balance something in-game.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    This change that was announced from the start how was it communicated to the playerbase that don't visit Arc or Reddit or other social media ? which i'd imagine is a large percentage.
    I visit frequently and only came across these changes yesterday. True I wasn't looking for them so easily missed.
    Every player in game has mail. Would a generic email sent in game be a better way of communicating this or a fly in msg saying please go to forums to see upcoming changes to x.

Communication is and always will be key. I was waiting for a phoenix event before I upgraded my disruptors lucky I didn't get caught out wasting resources like when they nerfed the Embassy Consoles.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    These patch notes do everything but directly state that we're having a Phoenix Prize Pack week starting today. I would be very surprised if one is not running by the time that the servers come up.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Today was the first I've heard of any potential nerf to the beams off the newest Connie. But, it doesn't affect me in the slightest so if it was something needing to be done, then so be it. Seems odd that it was fixing an issue that was helping bring low DPS builds up and not really doing much to the top end builds but, w/e.

And while I'm one of "those people" who absolutely hate the Arena of Sompek (more due to how it's set up than anything, I actually enjoy most ground combat), I am interested in seeing what changes have been made to it for the event. Hopefully it'll actually be enjoyable now.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, I didn't realize you could rerun 'A New Kind of Warefare' again for a VR Doff. Assumed it was first time through and you get the Doff and then no more. So I ran it twice again this morning before Patching. I wish I knew about this in the past as I could have added this to the reruns of the two Part III missions for the Elite Marks.

This change to Blue Rare on subsequent runs is completely counter to what they did with 'A Fistful of Gorn' and the 'Law' Doff. There they explicitly, in the Patch Notes, said they were going to give out random VR Doffs on subsequent runs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Seems odd that it was fixing an issue that was helping bring low DPS builds up and not really doing much to the top end builds but, w/e.

Yeah, sadly they do seem to hate the non DPS ppl :( Whats worse is that now the nerf that it was targeting them, now is underperforming for them big time. By tieing the beam's buff to the crit chance, the low end ppl will get even up to only 10% effectiveness of what the buff previously gave them since most regular joes strive to get barely 10%-15% crit chance, while high end players, wich ironicaly dont even use the beams much, can get up to 20-30% crit chance or more thus doubling the effectiveness of the buff. This wasnt a balance but a huge nerf with a hammer. I get the need for balance but this is ridiculous to reduce it to just around 1/10 of what is was before. Even halfing the original buff was more then enuf since the proc made it so everyone has the same chances, regardless of their crit chance. On top of that lets not forget that this is a top premium ship. I also get the "no pay to win" but the beams were special on their own. Now they are some Phaser/Disruptor and Antiproton mix or something. And since the pets auto-fire plus the extra hangar bay are not so special anymore to these ships then there isnt anything special about left about them :/
This discussion has been closed.